Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Movies about spinal cord injury

My favorite is The Waterdance. I saw it on HBO in 1993 but you cannot find it anywhere online unless you shell out major major bucks. Fortunately, I taped it on VHS way back when and my dad used his dvd/dvr to put it on a dvd. The picture quality isn't real good due to being VHS and then converted, but if you are interested, I might could make copies. Email me or PM me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    My favorite is The Waterdance. I saw it on HBO in 1993 but you cannot find it anywhere online unless you shell out major major bucks. Fortunately, I taped it on VHS way back when and my dad used his dvd/dvr to put it on a dvd. The picture quality isn't real good due to being VHS and then converted, but if you are interested, I might could make copies. Email me or PM me anytime.
    Fuck, I saw this one in the theater back in '92 and was already into my 10th year. I remember feeling that it captured my reality at the time very convincingly.

rory oshea was here, (inside im dancing)

great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Fuck, I saw this one in the theater back in '92 and was already into my 10th year. I remember feeling that it captured my reality at the time very convincingly.
    I remember not wanting to see it then, but I still have yet to see it.
    Last edited by leschinsky; 10-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

FIXED trailer, a documentary that opens up the topic of human augmentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARfi7w9_KQE

soon to be released...I appreciate your diverse comments.

wtf recommended passion fish?? HAD TO BE AB. i am so pissed at the bs in this move: great helper, take things away for your good, bf comes along....blaH BLAH. when somebody works in my house, NOT their job to judge me or refuse to give me things. BULLSHIT.

i'd never recommend this to sci. only to ab's who want to think this is how we live. WHAT BULLSHIT. i recant. i wouldn't recommend this to anybody, esp AB's who think they know better. this movie really PISSES ME OFF.

geez, 30 min left. don't think i can stomach it.
    Last edited by cass; 10-02-2011 at 03:25 AM.

My favorite movie about SCI is an inspirational movie called "Goal". Its about a man, who's from a devoted Christian family, who is in an accident and has an SCI. After getting irritated abotu being in a wheelchair, he looks into a sport, and discoveres how much he likes Quad Rugby.
    Its a very good movie. I bought it on Amazon.com 3 years ago.

Another movie I like based on SCI is Murderball with Mark Zupan. Makes me wish I was a quad, so I could play that cool sport.

A friend of mine saw "Coming Home" in 1978, then crashed his motorcycle and suffered a T-4 SCI a day or two later.

I believe Malcolm McDowell ("Clockwork Orange") was a paraplegic in a British film called "Long Ago Tomorrow."

theres a newer comedy move called "the ex"
    jason bateman plays a paraplegic... very funny
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

An old school movie from 1950 "The Men", and more recently "The Fall."