Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Movies about spinal cord injury

I like silver bulletalso another movie is extreme measures.

SCI movies

Hello,
    I.m new to this forum business and apparently misplaced my post on the one SCI movie every CC member should see and discuss- Christopher Reeves version of Hitchcocks Rear Window 1998. I put it in as Rear Window-a message from CR. Perhaps everyone is familiar with it but I,ve been following Care Cure for 10 years and can't recall a single reference to it -but maybe that's because I,m a neo-luddite just getting used to cyberspace. I would appreciate someone, perhaps a moderator, checking it out and letting me know what I did wrong.

Here is your post about Rear Window
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=175498

I was going to comment on it but its been a long time since I've seen it. If I get a chance to watch it again, I'll try and remember to comment on it.

My favorite SCI related movie is The Water Dance.

I hate watching people who can't ride a horse play roles that require riding a horse. Couldn't they budget in 2-3 $50.00 riding lessons?

I saw a film recently were a person with a hurt leg was using the crutch on the wrong side. looked very foolish.
    I imagine it is just plain silly when a real Dr see's the pretend ones make stupid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I hate watching people who can't ride a horse play roles that require riding a horse. Couldn't they budget in 2-3 $50.00 riding lessons?

I saw a film recently were a person with a hurt leg was using the crutch on the wrong side. looked very foolish.
    I imagine it is just plain silly when a real Dr see's the pretend ones make stupid mistakes.
    I personally hate it when they show someone fishing and they are holding the reel upside down or hauling in an obviously dead fish.

This is an old thread and it's not a current movie, but I watched Million Dollar Baby yesterday evening. I had no idea SCI played a role in the story. It's definitely NOT a good film for a quad to watch just before bedtime. It wasn't the ending that bothered me the most, but rather the injustice of how the injury happened. It bothered me all night.

Yeah, Million Dollar Baby is depressing.

Saw Life on DVD about a week ago. One of the crew on the space station is a para and he gets to be the 1st aboard to be killed by the alien life. There were a couple of scenes where you could see this para enjoying moving in a weightless environment. Not only was the gimp 1st to die in this scary movie but he was also black and as we all know blacks always die 1st in scary movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Yeah, Million Dollar Baby is depressing.

Saw Life on DVD about a week ago. One of the crew on the space station is a para and he gets to be the 1st aboard to be killed by the alien life. There were a couple of scenes where you could see this para enjoying moving in a weightless environment. Not only was the gimp 1st to die in this scary movie but he was also black and as we all know blacks always die 1st in scary movies.
    lol sorry just read your comment and it gave me a little laugh because it's 100% true . Between being black and disabled in a scary movie you know that character isn't goin to last long at all haha

Kevin Ogar's story just came out recently. Crossfit lifting accident. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yrrCCA1bM

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    interesting article about disability in film and new films...
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...out-disability