Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Movies about spinal cord injury

Going to see a sneak preview of Breathe tomorrow...will post a brief review of it here (polio, not traumatic SCI).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

I saw Breathe Monday night, thought it was pretty good. Andrew Garfield did an excellent job, and the rest of the cast were excellent as well, including Claire Foy as his wife and Tom Hollander who played both parts of his twin brothers-in-law. John Cavendish, the son of Robin, was one of the producers of this film.

Did not know the story of this man, Robin Cavendish, but I think the claim at the end of the film that he was the longest lived vent dependent polio survivor (termed a responaut in the film) living outside an institution at the time of his death is not correct. He was 28 in 1958 when he contracted polio, and died in 1994. Ed Roberts contracted polio at age 14 in 1953, and died in 1995, and I don't think he was necessarily the longest lived either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Cavendish

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.