Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $300,000 Towards the Cure

"SUPER COOL !!!!"

Death smiles upon us all every minute of every hour of every day, live life so your always smiling back!!!!

how

how do you get ppl to pay 250 for a dinner. are these hollywood stars? someone explain how this is done. maybe i can throw a long horn on the grill and raise 300,000 at a bbq.

$410,000

As of today with 30 days to go. New goal is $450,000!

DA, if you can dream it you can do it. Not hollywood stars but dedicated and informed community members.

DA, Many people begin with barbeques as a fund raiser. You can do it all yourself or hire someone (or they donate their labor and someone else a pig or 2) to roast a couple of porkers. Have local delis donate sides and friends desserts. Then charge $25 or $35 a person. Get a band that needs some local publicity to play too. Make sure you tie up with a charity first so people can write off the portion of the cost that isn't directly for the food and entertainment and that you can give the final check to. I'm sure there's a charity in Texas that will give you a hand..

I wonder how difficult it would be to obtain a gambling license??? We'll set us up some real nice rules...house wins all ties...

thanks SO MUCH YOU ALL