Thread: Found some great gloves - here's a review!

Found some great gloves - here's a review!

I am always in search of the perfect pair of wheelchair gloves. I've found my latest crush. They are made by a company called "Rab" (wish it was Rad), and after a few weeks of use I've found them quite super.

You can't tell that I've used them at all, even though the leather on the palms is light grey. There is some padding, and the backside of the gloves is made of stretchy material that allows me to slip them on w/out re-setting the velcro every time.

They've gotten wet, and show no signs of it, in Seattle it's pretty much unavoidable to get your hands soaked now and then. I have NaturalFit rims, though, so I tend to push only on them when conditions are wet (sometimes for better push I use the wheels as well...I've got long hands).

Here's a link to show you what the gloves look like:

http://us.rab.uk.com/clothing/gloves/m14---168/

And the one retailer link that Google Shopping came up with:
    http://www.prolitegear.com/rab-m14-glove.html

Those look great. Are they warm? My grip is weak and it's getting harder to hang onto my forearm crutches...these look like they'd be a big help.

They are moderately warm. Not as warm as thick Thinsulate lined gloves, or sheepskin gloves, but as warm as other unlined leather gloves I've tried. Since that backside is made of Polartec Power Shield, they do offer quite a bit of warmth (and no wind has been getting through). It's moist cold here, I'll try to remember to check in after I visit Montana at the end of the month.

Oh! And I forgot to say that the leather on the palms is very cool. It's kind of "grippy". I seem to be able to hang on to things a little better with them. The only downside is that it makes it a little hard to get my phone out of my little pouch unless I can actually see if (like if I try to grab my phone when I've transferred into the car and my chair is still on the ground). While sitting in the chair it's no problem.

Thanks, that is great detailed information. I appreciate the link to a US retailer, too. Hope you have a good trip to Montana!