Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Colours, TiLite, Quickie, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynahmite View Post
    Wow, your story is so similar to mine! 1st real chair was an AeroZ, then I got a 2 inches smaller Crossfire Ti. And I had huge caster issues with the AeroZ, which I won't anymore because the Crossfire casters aren't angle-adjustable. Cool.
    There are many things that are different on my new chair..I did get a lot of upgrades..the thing I love about Top End chairs is they use some of the same compenets as their sports equipment which I like. Total cost of my chair

$4,227.00

Specs:

Crossfire Titanium
    4" soft roll
    25" Spinergy Spox
    15 x 15
    front seat height 19 in, rear seat height 16 in
    85 degree front angle
    Active position 1.25
    Ergo Seat with tapered end
    3 degree camber

the only thing I wish I would have gotten was a fixed frame with attached side guards..I got the fold in carbon fiber side guards...
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

there seems to be quite a difference between the old and the new quickies - that extends to both powerchairs and manuals. there are plenty of people around who have 15yo chairs that run everyday, like the q2 or gp. but then there are many many complaints about the durability of chairs like the q7.......... a few years ago i bought an older design p222se sight unseen, specifically because it had great reviews - ive been happy with it, but when i tested a newer quickie groove m (same as a q rhythm) it just didnt feel like it would hold up to much abuse.

I've had a few chairs, lets see if you can pick up on a pattern.

1988 - 1990 - Kueschall Champion 1000
    1990 - 1993 - ALTimate Sport
    1993 - 1996 - Kueschall 1000ST
    1996 - 2004 - Barracuda
    2004 - now - Kueschall 3000ST

I'm due for another..I like TotoL1s ride... Dunno if I'll rip off it's design and build it on my own, or go to a place like oracing..

So what makes the Ti Lite ZR series 2 different from series 1 and same goes for ZRA series 2 and 1. I dont get it. I do see that the ZRA's have a taper in the frame is there anything else. Are they more adjustable over another?

Quote Originally Posted by warchi81 View Post
    So what makes the Ti Lite ZR series 2 different from series 1 and same goes for ZRA series 2 and 1. I dont get it. I do see that the ZRA's have a taper in the frame is there anything else. Are they more adjustable over another?
    To my understanding, the Series 2 chairs is, primarily, TiLite's response to its competitors use of lighter-weight series 7000 aluminum. If you're going to make the claim that titanium allows for the lightest weight chairs, then the scale has to back you up. To achieve that, the Series 2 chairs offer thinner walled titanium for those who weigh under 200 lbs.

• .045" -- 200 lbs. weight capacity
    • .065" -- 265 lbs. weight capacity (all Series 1, some Series 2)

Additionally, there are some slight styling changes in the Series 2 (e.g., the curving caster arms) and new componentry (e.g., Slipstream caster forks; back angle hardware) the latter of which has received decidedly mixed reviews.

my 1st chair was a TiLite + I had nothing but trouble with it.
    I got SCI due to a nasty rollover in a Ford ExplOder...that POS SUV was far better than the TiLite POS chair I was given by Medi-Cal.

now I have a nissin chair that I love.
    nissin owns colours + colours has been able to fix my chair even tho nissin stuff is made in japan. my next chair will be from colours + I'll never buy another ti-lite chair.