Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colours, TiLite, Quickie, etc...

Colours, TiLite, Quickie, etc...

For ultralight, rigid, manual wheelchairs, with basic components, in an everyday use environment; what are peoples favorite brand and model?

Also (in one sentence) do you prefer titanium or aluminum and why?

I'm just interested to know what's popular in the SCI community these days.

I sport a TiLite Aero Z but I've never owned or really tried anything else.

A lot of people here have TiLites and, though there has been some backlash recently, most people really like them. I've never had a TiLite rigid. My Quickie Ti seemed like it could have been good, but it was the wrong size for me.
    I prefer titanium to aluminum because it doesn't scratch as easily, bends without breaking, doesn't have to be painted, and typically results in a lighter chair.

I have the AeroZ as my first chair because I figure it will last me for at least five years, which will let me dial it in right. For my second chair, I plan to get a welded chair and hopefully in titanium so it will last a very long time.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Im interested as well in what people are getting aswell. I have an aero z aswell. Its a good chair, but I wish it were a bit lighter. I'm working with vocational rehabilitation to help get me into a lighter more custimized chair for my needs. The weight issue is a pain for me to get in my vehicle as I drive a tacoma pick up truck. I was just looking at the Ti lite web site and was wondering how people decide to go with one over another. What ones are durable and light. I know certain ones are more adjustible than others, is that the main difference?

Tilite or colours. Quckies are mass produced garbage
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

A good chair's frame weight may vary only a couple pounds between titanium and aluminum (ref Tilite ZRA versus AeroZ). It's the wheel set and accessories that make a huge difference in the weight of a chair. For example, My AeroZ's frame weight is only about 13#. But with Spinergy wire wheels, solid tires, numerous aluminum accessories, and the cushion, it's weight is about 37#. You need to eliminate or trim ounces from accessories (by buying carbon fiber instead of aluminum) to keep the weight down.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

just NOT colours!

Not Colours? What do you mean?

Agreed that accessories add the most weight.

Anyone tried the newest TiLite's yet?

I have one of the new TiLite's and I loce it.... the onlly problems I've had are plastic-coated handrims cracking (twice) and the little plastic stopper things that go into the footrest pieces came out.

I've read that some folks here also like Top End (by Invacare).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>