Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Possible cure! Only time will tell.......

Quote Originally Posted by chris arnold View Post
    My goal for such treatment is in some kind of measurable improvement and not some airy fairy notion that I will be cured.
    If you want to exercise why don’t you simply go out in you’re garage (or stay inside) and do some exercising? There are no shortcuts to exercise. If you want avoid muscle atrophy and learned none-use, then exercise has to be a continually routine. It does not help much to go to a J. Doe person for a few days, pay a bunch of money and think that this will help much, that is an illusion. Sure it can help a lot to go to a top notch specialized center for a condition to have some professionals to teach you on how to do exercises, as you can learn from by creating a good exercise program for you to maintain on a regular basis in you’re daily life at home, but the same for this as well, to think that one can go to a sci-unit (regardless how professional it is) for a couple of weeks and think all is good and not do any regular exercise after such a stay, is likewise an illusion. Depending on the neurological completeness it is still a problem to avoid muscle atrophy, regardless of exercise, but then at least the ROM might help, at least to help out for contractures and secondary problems due to this like pressure soars, but as for this as well, it has to be based upon a continually program. There are no shortcuts to exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by challenged athlete View Post
    Sure.........., I wonder why Ken is NOT more popular than Dr. Wise.

Maybe $ has something to do with it. If the amount of people who fund Dr. Young's causes and follow his every post were to suddenly fund and follow Ken's words and causes he WOULD become more popular then Dr. Young. If the news and newspapers had headlines like "Ken's Reflexology a Great Success" rather than "First U.S. stem cells transplanted into spinal cord" Ken would be as famous as Bob Dylan. The fact remains, the ball of today's western medicine rolls with it's key figures in place and will continue to roll whether Ken is for real or not. What will happen to CC if Ken is proven to have success with SCI's? Would each topic begin with "Hi, I'm so and so, Ken changed my life in the following ways........"

This is the funny part. Because of all the negative people here on CC, the members that I'm in personal contact with that are interested in going, or that are going, aren't even posting so here because they don't want to be ridiculed. That's sad if you ask me because that doesn't help the rest of you on here who might think it's nonsense. If everyone with good results came on here and posted such, more members would go and do the same. A new ball would begin to roll and actually has began to roll but because of the negativity here it might not be seen. We will see. One CC member has an appointment with Ken on this upcoming week. I know who, but you do not. Let's see if you find out, I will not say unless the person wants me to.

Blog Entries
    onwalker78,

i am happy you feel you were cured by ken.

the answer to your last post is easy,why dont you and ken start your own website with your own fundraising efforts.

any attempt to reduce dr.youngs contributions to our sci community on his web site are the sign of a desperate disingenuous clown.

my son is a 16 year old c5/6 asia a complete and he can do everything you show on your videos and more,without a magical footrub intervention.

you have not shown me a single "return" that is not normal with a moderate therapy program.the only thing miraculous about you is your ability to stretch a lie into the truth and it has worn thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Onwalker78 View Post
    "Hi, I'm so and so, Ken changed my life in the following ways........"
    Hi, I'm Mac. I visited Ken, and didn't get any return because as Ken said "Mac didn't give his 110% effort"
    All I lost was a week of my life, and around $3,000.
    Last edited by Mac85; 02-19-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

mr onwalker,
    a person with a complete cord injury is not likely got get return with these techniques. who knows with an incomplete.
    im sure I would benefit, because im incomplete, with some things firing and some things not, but some one who has a severed cord are not going to see much improvement other than what anyone would get from movement or human touch.
    im really glad you are benefiting. from these sessions. im pretty sure though that you are not a complete sci patient, but an incomplete, and that is why you are having good results.
    almost everyone showing their annoyance with your refusal to understand, is a complete. some even saw this person and got little out of it. that they didnt give their 100%, after paying 2-3 grand, is hooey, absolute hog slop.
    it isn't a possible cure. that is the debate at hand. it may be something positive, and some in completes may have good improvements. that is very cool. im glad you got your monies worth, but you aren't cured. you get a butt sore that puts you in bed for a while, you will have to start over. I do see in general that you are looking healthier. putting on weight and some muscle. so obviously you giving it your all. but do you realize that you aren't being any nicer by not hearing people who have complete injuries and got no benefit from your practitioner?

[QUOTE=nrf;1325850]onwalker78,

"i am happy you feel you were cured by ken".

By labeling this topic as possible cure I meant just that. A "possible" way to get feeling or movement below somebody's level of injury. I never have or will say I was cured by Ken unless I walk again

"the answer to your last post is easy,why dont you and ken start your own website with your own fundraising efforts."

In the future, Ken will be starting a forum, just as he has found a place to start his non profit organization clinic I mentioned some time ago which was scoffed at if I recall.

"any attempt to reduce dr.youngs contributions to our sci community on his web site are the sign of a desperate disingenuous clown."

LoL!!! When did I try to reduce his contributions? I was figuratively speaking. And for name calling I should stoop down to your level and call you a moron but I won't. I'll just show up at your son's next birthday party dressed as a desperate disingenuous clown next..... LoL!!~!!

"my son is a 16 year old c5/6 asia a complete and he can do everything you show on your videos and more,without a magical footrub intervention."

Does he want a congratulations? Well there you go... Just because your son can do more than me doesn't mean a thing. What matters is what I can do now as opposed to what I could do before I saw Ken.

"you have not shown me a single "return" that is not normal with a moderate therapy program.the only thing miraculous about you is your ability to stretch a lie into the truth and it has worn thin."

That's probably got to do with your inability to think outside of the mainstream medicine box among other things in your mind. You are the first to think or post such cookooness. Once again, you're calling me a liar, too bad it's just not true. Maybe you need to see someone, seeing how your perspective of reality seems somewhat altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Hi, I'm Mac. I visited Ken, and didn't get any return because as Ken said "Mac didn't give his 110% effort"
    All I lost was a week of my life, and around $3,000.

I spent a total of $2,000. Mac thought the Day's Inn was a dump and switched to La Quinta, a more expensive hotel. He also paid for a costly transportation trip to and back from the hotel because it was easier.

" First day Ken came with his assistant and transferred me into his assistants car - he said that they would pick me up everyday but I didn't want to because I felt that it was too much hassle moving my heavy ass from car and back ;]

"I had to rent a wheelchair accessible cab every time when I went to Ken's and it cost me $70 round trip - that's $350 for 5 days."

And let's not forget this post http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=127

Sorry Mac

[QUOTE=jody;1325939]
    "a person with a complete cord injury is not likely got get return with these techniques. who knows with an incomplete."

I was going to wait until my appointment with my physiologist Dr. Rosenblum to post these but seeing how you brought it up I'm posting them today. They are two medical records from the same day.

As you can see on page 2 under "Assessment/Plan" you will see "c4 sensory, c5 motor COMPLETE tetraplegia", or quadriplegia as we all know it as. And don't forget also I've been doing the same exercise regime on and off for 12 years prior to seeing Ken without a single gain of movement or feeling below below my injury level. What more proof is needed to show that I am/was a complete?

Hartford Hospital has my ASAI exam which says I am an ASIA A. I think I need to go there to pick it up because I filled out my medical release forms months ago and received nothing yet.

"almost everyone showing their annoyance with your refusal to understand, is a complete. some even saw this person and got little out of it. that they didnt give their 100%, after paying 2-3 grand, is hooey, absolute hog slop."

This is how Ken put it to me. "I can turn on your nerves, but the rest is up to you." Now we can only speculate on why it worked for me and not Mac.

"but do you realize that you aren't being any nicer by not hearing people who have complete injuries and got no benefit from your practitioner?"

I've been hearing about it since it happened, and I feel partially responsible but I don't have any answers that can change what happened with Mac. NRF is the only other one who claims no return for her son, other than Mac. She also claims I'm a liar and Ken a fraud which is complete cow dung.
    Last edited by Onwalker78; 02-25-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Here are the medical records. David Rosenblum's first outpatient assessment of myself (Dustin Raymond) at Gaylord Hospital `12/03/1998

bloody waste of time watching another promise of a miracle cure.