Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Possible cure! Only time will tell.......

I'm happy to see your progress and your posts, Dustin.

does it seem like your hands are filling in? I think maybe.

reminds me of the Dragons Way scam. Dragons Way was also in fl

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    reminds me of the Dragons Way scam. Dragons Way was also in fl
    What exactly is this scam?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I found this when wondering the same thing...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=16723

Scam or not? That's a good question. But I can assure you Ken has no affiliation either way to Dragon's Way. I also guarantee the NSC Therapy Project will not be closed down for any reason legally. I'm grateful for what he's capable of. I'm definitely going back and I'm hopeful he's capable of more. Whoever continues following my progress here will see what Ken's capable of. I know this too...

In a matter of minutes, after Ken performed his technique of reflexology on me I was no longer a C5/6 complete. When I look back I realize when I got the most return out of his treatments. It was about 2 hours after our 3 hour therapy session on day 3. This was the session where I asked him to turn on my triceps, pecks, and abs. He then came to my hotel for an hour or so session in the pool. He and my friend helped me into an inner tube with my arms and head above the water, so I could basically float on my own. Now for that entire hour Ken had me try to move my legs up and down and back and forth and I tried like I was trying to move a mac truck. While trying to move my legs I noticed the amount of force I was putting on the inner tube with my upper body by how tired my arms were. I literally couldn't move after that hour, being so overworked. Now later on that evening is when I noticed the world of difference in the way I moved, the way I sang, and the way I felt. And still feel today

Jody, I'm not sure if my hands are filling in or not. If so I haven't noticed due to them probably being in front of me all the time.

For those who commented thanks again, and for those afraid to comment due to certain so and so's on here I don't blame you. If you are one of those so and so's bring on the ruckus! I love a healthy debate and trust me...I have a lot of time to do so
    Last edited by Onwalker78; 02-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onwalker78 View Post
    In a matter of minutes, after Ken performed his technique of reflexology on me I was no longer a C5/6 complete.
    Err, ok.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

[quote=[
    Last edited by challenged athlete; 02-19-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onwalker78 View Post
    In a matter of minutes, after Ken performed his technique of reflexology on me I was no longer a C5/6 complete.
    Sure.........., I wonder why Ken is NOT more popular than Dr. Wise.

Thanks for this clarification. These discussions were taking place long before I'd heard of SCI, let alone become one.

Looking at Dragon's Way website, it appears to be exactly what the name implies, a martial arts facility.

Going back to the arguments in the thread, it appears that nothing changes. Despite the fact that individuals report significant improvement, they are ignored or put down with the usual dose of cynicism. On the other hand, it is true that some therapists lead a curiously elusive way of life, to which we quite reasonably ask the question why? The apparent vanishing of Dragon's Way, followed by what appear to be rumours or speculation, and as such, would discourage me from taking seriously the possibility of trying it out.

It is there that we come to the crux of this type of discussion. The old method of "suck it and see", which most of us intrinsically trust, just does not hold. There are very few adverse comments made by those who have actually tried these things. The others sit round the edge of the pool, too afraid to go as far as dipping their toes in the water. Those who got in, and claimed that it was enjoyable are clearly morons. Apart from anything else this is grossly insulting to fellow forum users.

I would be happy to try out treatment, and two weeks' ago, I contacted David Smith in Wales, whose information I obtained from Forward Magazine. He stated that he does not have a website, and no address is given, but he promised to visit me at home next time he comes to a client who lives about 18 miles away from me. By last Monday, he had not contacted me, but on 'phoning him he said that he would be able to make arrangements by yesterday, (Friday). This has not happened, and I ask myself, is this another elusive beast? I do not know, but will doubtless find out. I will not contact him again, and this has nothing to do with whether "it works"; the first requisite must be a reliable therapist.

My goal for such treatment is in some kind of measurable improvement and not some airy fairy notion that I will be cured.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.