Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Possible cure! Only time will tell.......

Quote Originally Posted by Onwalker78 View Post
    With about 500 plus views per day do you two think it matters that your leaving? 2 less people on CC and like 20 plus more views on youtube daily. One less person claiming I'm campaigning for Ken, and one last naysayer in the crowd. So long folks.
    I meant less not "last"

I just wanted everyone to know that last night I talked to Ken and he gave me confirmation that Rocky, his most recent client, was referred to him by my youtube videos. My first step towards helping others is a great success. 1 negative so far...and 1 positive. I can live with that. Who's next?

Here's Rocky standing after his 5th treatment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aw6ay7-OfM

Is the guy in the white coat in this video Ken?

Yes it is.

I just found an old post talking about Ken on CC.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...869#post876869

If you don't believe it's about him, it really is. I found it under the original NSC therapy topic here

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=128960&page=2

Xynapse was then member on CC who posted it.

He must have quite a bit of vision then, the way he was using his eyes to gauge if the guy's leg was moving, and how he used his hand to adjust his leg without any tactile feedback. I thought he was blind?
    In previous videos Rocky said he did not think he was paralyzed any more, but this just shows him standing, unable to move his right leg at all. Since he is incomplete (left leg works, right one doesn't) and has spasms, I don't see how this can be taken as proof of reversal? I know several people with similar injuries that can stand like that. Also, notice how almost all of his weight is on his left leg.
    I'm not trying to be negative here- I'm a scientist, and so far I've not seen any data quantitated or validated by an independent source, which makes me wonder... why not?

Yes, I noticed the apparent visual perceptions. "Registered blind" is not, however, that scientifically defined, as one who may not drive may still have a broad perception of movement.

Having said that, I must say that if Ken were in England, I would give it a try. A transatlantic crossing, plus the board and lodging, with all the other issues, is rather a big step.

If he were in England, I would have a little to loose, (compare the telephone number costs of current stem cell treatments that still require an air ticket to reach) and where there is considerable doubt about their effectiveness. I think this is a pragmatic view.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

[QUOTE=dr.zapp;1312442]He must have quite a bit of vision then, the way he was using his eyes to gauge if the guy's leg was moving, and how he used his hand to adjust his leg without any tactile feedback. I thought he was blind?

When I worked with Ken he told me he woke up one morning in 1992 basically blind. He was diagnosed as legally blind with his vision being 20/100 after being 20/20 the night before. Now when you look at him at first it's not really noticeable. But if you study him, as I do with any therapist or doctor, you can tell his vision is not all there. He needs a magnified glass to see who's calling his cell phone. He even has a seeing eye dog named Dudley who you will meet if you go.

"In previous videos Rocky said he did not think he was paralyzed any more, but this just shows him standing, unable to move his right leg at all."

Rocky said his leg wasn't paralyzed anymore because he could actually feel his right once paralyzed leg after Ken "turned his nerves on" as he puts it. He could feel and watch his muscles flex which is what I believe he meant by seeing his muscle "tone".

"I'm not trying to be negative here- I'm a scientist, and so far I've not seen any data quantitated or validated by an independent source, which makes me wonder... why not?"

Good question. It seems to me that the medical community, along with the FDA wouldn't need all types of funding and wouldn't be doing all types of research if there really was a hands on only method to cure paralysis. If Ken did create or stumble upon this unknown method (maybe known at sometime somewhere), which he did, then what would happen to the millions or billions of dollars going towards the SCI cure? How many jobs would be lost? What would happen to the Christopher Reeve's foundation or Project Walk? What would it do to the economy? Maybe we need to be the independent source to quantitate or validate the data? I don't know...I'm just a satisfied client of Ken's because he made me an incomplete out of a complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Onwalker78 View Post
    Good question. It seems to me that the medical community, along with the FDA wouldn't need all types of funding and wouldn't be doing all types of research if there really was a hands on only method to cure paralysis. If Ken did create or stumble upon this unknown method (maybe known at sometime somewhere), which he did, then what would happen to the millions or billions of dollars going towards the SCI cure? How many jobs would be lost? What would happen to the Christopher Reeve's foundation or Project Walk? What would it do to the economy? Maybe we need to be the independent source to quantitate or validate the data? I don't know...I'm just a satisfied client of Ken's because he made me an incomplete out of a complete.
    Did you just imply that there would be a conspiracy to cover up a cure for SCI!?!?! Seriously... I'm not even going to touch that one.... What would happen to the $$$ going to SCI? they would go to something much more profitable, like diabetes or cancer. In the ocean of health issues needing a cure, SCI is a very small fish.

So let's turn that argument on it's head... If Ken DID have a cure, why would he not do everything he could to let it be tested and proven? I'm a cancer researcher- If I found a possible cure, you can bet I would have it checked by other independent labs to make sure the results were real. And don't say the youtube videos are proof. They are opinions. So far, there are no pre-visit Dr/PT exams mapping out sensory and motor function, then the same exams post visit to quantitate changes. If a person says he has "lots more strength" like Rocky does, then let's see it in a pre Vs. post strength quantization. If someone says they have improved sensory function, a quick skin "prick and brush" exam would show it. Why doesn't Ken make this a part of the whole process? Seems like it would add quite a bit to the credibility of his claims. Again, not saying this is not possible, but so far no proof other than opinion has been presented to validate the claims.
    Last edited by dr.zapp; 01-23-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Dr Zapp, excellent post. If a cure was discovered, there would be no more ambiguous information. This is year will bring an end to the bullshit out there from some of these folks. thank you for your insightful and to the point post. We're working toigether and we are a force for eachother.

keeping on