Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment for SCI Pain??

snake oil
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Have you tried Calmare Therapy?

Bill, how can you claim it is snake oil? Have you tried it yourself? You said your doctor claimed it was snake oil so I assume you haven't tried it. Maybe your doctor is just bad-mouthing the competition and is afraid of losing a good paying patient. Has your doctor ever used it? It doesn't sound like he has. It's kind of unfair to claim something is snake oil if you haven't tried it yourself, especially since there seems to be a lot of people who have been successfully treated with it - including former professional hockey player Bill Bennett (there's a video on the Calmare website with Bill talking about how it worked for him).
    The Calmare Therapy is being used in clinical trials (I believe for RSD, CIPN, and shingles) at the Mayo Clinic. There are several doctors who flew over to Italy to be trained on how to use the Scrambler by the doctor who invented it. The Mayo Clinic doesn't accept just anything willy-nilly for clinical trials. They must see something there to have them conduct clinical trials for the device.
    Why don't you go an try the therapy yourself and then see if it is snake oil or not? The best case is that it works and you get pain relief. The worst case is that it doesn't work and your assumption was correct.

Show the science not the hype. A local company and I know multiple people who tried it for less with no response. The do not open the doors or share anything but hype.

Show the science.

Seeing as this is your first post at all I can only see you as a troll for them anxious to take desperate peoples money perhaps for your own gain. who/what are you.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

...also note that subsequent investigation has revealed -- contrary to some of the press releases from Competitive Technologies -- that the inventor of the device is NOT a "MD" and NOT a "DSc"....this despite the inventor's claim to having such credentials in one of his papers:

http://www.smj.org.sa/PDFFiles/Aug04/Delta20040158.pdf

...and several websites refer to him as "professor," yet I have not found evidence that he has ever been a professor anywhere...I even suspect he isn't a bioengineer since he doesn't appear -- as required by law in Italy -- to have registered here:

http://www.ording.roma.it/albo/ricerca.aspx

...finally, if you want a second opinion of Marineo's scientific aptitude, then read the comments by Christopher J. Batie, Ph.D, of the Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Louisiana State University Medical Center at this link:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...2b80dd3f40b29c

Well, I am not a troll. I have followed the progress of Calmare therapy for a while and am still surprised by the negative posts of people who have never even used it (eg rrtzmd). Calmare therapy has many positive testimonials from people that have used it. It's not for everyone but in most studies of the therapy, it works for about 80% of the population. Check out the testimonial of Alex Lambson who was struck by lightning in Utah. Or ex-professional hockey player Bill Bennett who had a debilitating ankle injury. Or a large number of other people that says that it worked for them.
    As far as the science, it has had several independent clinical trials that have substantiated the findings of the clinical trials of the inventor. Dr. Smith of Massey Cancer Center found that there was an average pain reduction of 64% for all patients and 25% of patients had their CIPN pain completely eliminated. Dr. Smith was so impressed with the results that he has started a 2nd clinical trial.
    Dr. Loprinzi of the Mayo Clinic is conducting multiple studies of Calmare therapy for multiple indications and has stated that early results are very encouraging that Calmare therapy is reducing pain. It is also being studied at the Paul Carbone Cancer Center in Wisconsin by Dr. Toby Campbell.
    Is that enough science for you? It is being used at multiple pain clinics across the US and hundreds, even thousands, of people have gotten pain relief with Calmare therapy.

2 post troll. who are you what is your injury where is you profile.

no science testing, they're testing oooooooooo

and what kind of pain are you/they talking about

oh we've cited the negatives here post links to all the positive scientific studies
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

My son tried Calmare therapy about 8 months ago. He is a C-4 incomplete secondary to an AVM hemorrhage. The severe neuropathic pain has been his biggest obstacle to recovery. He had 6 sessions and after the 6th session opted to discontinue because he wasn't experiencing a benefit. We felt it was a very positive option to try, though. My son would like to find something besides drugs to manage the pain.

Its true that it doesn't work for everyone. Thanks for the post.

snake oil rarely does, thanks for the post
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty