Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D's Locks!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I have 3 wheelsets each of which has Surelock hub discs: Spinergy LX, Round Betty Dinos, and Rogue Tempests. Of the three sets, the wiggle is least pronounced on the Rogues, though it's insignificant in any of them. Spoke stiffness is only one factor. Other influencing factors are how the disc is coupled to the hub and how completely the piston engages the holes in the disc. None will ever feel as rock solid as fully inflated tires with tight brakes digging into them.

Going back to using conventional brakes would be like using an old-fashioned wicker wheelchair. One system is a constant source of headaches, the other delivers peace of mind.
    Such a wheel whore Stephen

"Chas' quote"
    After reading most of these post I think I may switch to the disc brakes that ADIrides makes. Much more expensive but I think I will like them better for going down hills and stuff! I think getting used to them will be a factor but I think I will like them. I don't think that the D's Locks will make me happy as much beings once the brakes are on, they are on. There is no feature like the ADIrides where there are four levels of brake pressure. Anyone running the ADIride brakes? I've seen a good video from an youtuber "whysohigh" only video I can find of the ADI brakes. Also not finding any videos of the D's brakes other than the one posted on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Such a wheel whore Stephen
    Correction: All-around whore, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by zwthomp View Post
    "Chas' quote"
    After reading most of these post I think I may switch to the disc brakes that ADIrides makes. Much more expensive but I think I will like them better for going down hills and stuff! I think getting used to them will be a factor but I think I will like them. I don't think that the D's Locks will make me happy as much beings once the brakes are on, they are on. There is no feature like the ADIrides where there are four levels of brake pressure. Anyone running the ADIride brakes? I've seen a good video from an youtuber "whysohigh" only video I can find of the ADI brakes. Also not finding any videos of the D's brakes other than the one posted on their website.
    That's why it's "D's Locks" and "SureLock": they're locks, not brakes.

ahhhhhh!!!!!! I finally got through with ADIrides... Talking to them they told me that I need to send them my chair because of tools like a press that is used to install them, lol...I just had to laugh! I told them that I could figure it out but insisted that I send it to them. I'm sure I could figure it out, I used to work on cars, like my drag car, but I could be wrong the pictures on the site don't make installing look very difficult! I DON'T think the shipping would be cheap at all and I wouldn't have a chair to be in, I WOULD GO NUTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    That's why it's "D's Locks" and "SureLock": they're locks, not brakes.
    haha to funny... duh zwthomp...can't believe myself, please lol at me if you need a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Someone that has Dino's tells me it's not the case.
    I've had green Dino's since last March... They've been tuned once is all (when I replaced the hand rims with Natural fit LT's), and they've not squeaked or wobbled once. Amazing engineering. (I really beat the hell out of my chair too.) Probably didn't even need tuning but the guy did anyway. D's are next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I've had green Dino's since last March... They've been tuned once is all (when I replaced the hand rims with Natural fit LT's), and they've not squeaked or wobbled once. Amazing engineering. (I really beat the hell out of my chair too.) Probably didn't even need tuning but the guy did anyway. D's are next on my list.
    Ahhh, just the color I wanted, they are very nice. It's just that I thought they would make the chair really rock less with D's on and it doesn't seem to make a big difference ... who am I kidding, I just like how they look and I am trying to justify the $$. Enjoy your wheels and post some pics maybe?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I have D's . . . sort of . . .
    "Chas' quote"
    After reading most of these post I think I may switch to the disc brakes that ADIrides makes.
    I now have my D's fully installed - turns out the DMES hadn't sent the disks back after all. The secretary just thought they had.

I'm loving them. I took the scissor locks off immediately (before leaving the DMES). Now I'm actually locking my chair again like I should. It's so fast and easy!!

I considered ADI's disc brakes, but decided against them because 1) with para levers, you need to keep both hands on the levers to brake so they are useful only when coasting downhill, 2) with quad lever, both sides must be tuned identically or you'll roll crooked when braking (maybe only an issue when pads are new), 3) they just sound to me like more of a hassle than there worth, and 4) the shipping issue zwthomp mentioned. I'm not a downhill speed demon, so locks are just fine by me.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

ahhhhhh!!!!!! I finally got through with ADIrides... Talking to them they told me that I need to send them my chair because of tools like a press that is used to install them, lol...I just had to laugh! I told them that I could figure it out but insisted that I send it to them. I'm sure I could figure it out, I used to work on cars, like my drag car, but I could be wrong the pictures on the site don't make installing look very difficult! I DON'T think the shipping would be cheap at all and I wouldn't have a chair to be in, I WOULD GO NUTS!!!
    I want these brakes too but I can't do without my chair.. or afford the shipping either... That's the dumbest situation I've ever heard of... Unless you have multiple chairs and a huge bank account, who could ever afford to do it both $ and time?!?

Although, my new chair is coming with two separate camber axles, I wounder if shipping just that is enough?!?