Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Winter sucks! And it has just begun

14+ inches of snow in 2 days and a wind from hell equals snow drift over 6ft tall. Front door is blocked in and the mailboxes are plowed in. I forgot how much I hate the cold, wind and snow. I wanna move south to warm weather.

plus temps are in teens and with wind chill it is below zero!

63 here in Denver today, 65 expected tomorrow. We've had .1" of precipitation so a little scary in terms of moisture but relatively nice given the time of year.

Onward & Upward,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell View Post
    63 here in Denver today, 65 expected tomorrow. We've had .1" of precipitation so a little scary in terms of moisture but relatively nice given the time of year.

Onward & Upward,

Chris
    Dave (and myself) were in Denver for rehab exactly 2 years ago.
    We were told it was an unusually warm winter and loved it.
    Having never lived anywhere but ND/MN it seemed a dream to be sitting outside dressed lightly in Feb.

-11°C but -22°C with the windchill .. and it's gusting up to 50kms out there!

I had to cancel my medical appointment in Toronto as police are shutting down sections of the highway between here and there (4hr drive). It will be Wednesday before I can get out to even begin digging out my car!

This is what I had to do before David came along .. talk about full circle! Better start feeling young and strong like my early twenties again to shovel snow - lol!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/20...ice.6663501.jp

Wonder how the few members we have from Scotland are doing? (And I still have not dug my car out - not with a windchill of -17°C today).

£2,000,000,000 price of Scotland's ice age
    Published Date: 17 December 2010
    By MARTYN McLAUGHLIN and ANDREW WHITAKER

THE big freeze could end up costing the Scottish economy £2 billion by the end of the year, analysts have warned.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

-6C and it have been snowing since yesterday. Not a street is cleaned, I haven't seen a snow plow this year at all. Impossible to get out of the door, I have the car in the basement but I don't feel safe driving with all the snow. The snow is coming slowly down, it is dark and a lot of people is out because they have to buy Christmas presants.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    -6C and it have been snowing since yesterday. Not a street is cleaned, I haven't seen a snow plow this year at all. Impossible to get out of the door, I have the car in the basement but I don't feel safe driving with all the snow. The snow is coming slowly down, it is dark and a lot of people is out because they have to buy Christmas presants.
    The UK came to a halt today after heavy overnight snow, all airports closed, no trains running and only motorways passable - I hate Winter!

Today's high was forecast to barely get to 20F, both of my outdoor thermostats are around 26, and there's about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground.

The next two days have rain/snow in the forecast with highs in the mid 20s again. Not bad for late December in Iowa. As for our neighbors further north, have fun with all that snow.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

I'll send a bit your way Trainman!
    We did not get hit as bad as southern MN, but have had colder temps.

Just crawled out of bed temperature is 52 f, had a drink of juice , see ya when this hell stops. May need to get to the fucking emergency. they are getting to know me.