Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Very long day of storm prep. I'm whooped.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Yeah I'm not liking Isaac either :-/

Stay safe and dry everyone, thinking of y'all in the path of Isaac.

Rain, 15C and fall is here. Not nice since we never got summer. A few days over 70F and that was that
    TH 12, 43 years post

Hey Foolish,
    how's the weather down there? Still have power? Should be wet and windy, wonder if it's going to get worse for NOLA I'm thinking it might shoot up to a cat4 or higher if it goes any further west. Hang in there.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

So far, so good! Still a couple/few hours from peak, but I'm encouraged.

I don't thing there's a consensus on what happens after it passes us, but conditions are favorable for Isaac to intensify. Looks like it will make landfall on the mainland somewhere between P-Cola and NOLA. Best case, it goes to sleep, but that seems unlikely. Seems like it will be a Cat. 1 or 2.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I'd think your worst problem would be losing power, they have already lost power in parts of dade and palm beach county, I assume it's the low hanging fruit. I just use a little 2500 watt generator that supplies my 5000 btu ac, fridge and tv, lasts forever on a six gallon boat tank, those guys with the big generators can't keep up with the gas, I just set up one room and everythings good.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

I just saw that turkey point nukes tripped off, had a fire in the switchyard, I worked there for years, did lots of switching, several million lost power, parts of the keys were without power for 30 minutes, you guys have those diesel generators down there in the switchyards, real expensive to run.

I suppose I should turn up the volume on the TV. I'm just using the TV for radar. I didn't hear about Turkey Point on NPR update. So far, just a lot of rain and gusts of wind. Lost some banana trees, but no branches from the big trees.

Not much yet here in Fort Myers, but a lot of the County is without power anyway.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.