Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Beautiful weather here. Yesterday we had a warm dry steady breeze at 8-10 kts from the north. With an ebb tide all day I sailed in some great conditions with friends and had a fun easy tack back in. Sailing in warm wind in January? Okay :-)

Today it's 58.6 F outside my window and expect to be in the mid 60's, sunny all day.
    It's been wonderful, yesterday when the sun had just gone down it was still 67 degrees, a coffee shop and restaurant each had their doors and windows open. But the 28 degree mornings are killing me!
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

It's raining in the "city of medicine" but it has been a very beautiful week.

My little dog has loved the long flat walks we have been taking in the 70 degree sunshine. It is chilly in the mornings but these cloudless days have been worth it.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    No rain since mid December, bad. Above normal temperatures, bad. No snow in the Sierra, bad for ski resorts, bad for snow pack and spring run off. Really high winds last night, bad for fire danger. For now it is looking like we will go into the spring and summer with very little water to replenish reservoirs, bad. All summed up this is not good weather. Fingers crossed we get a miracle last half of January, all of February and March!!!

Hoping for all the best,
    GJ
    I hope it rains soon there. I remember the fires of 2007/2008 as one of my employee's father lived near there. I hated for the outside line on her phone to ring as he was surrounded by fire at one time. He made it through that year. But she had a few more gray hairs after it was over.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Very unusual weather here. Heavy rain and thunderstorms through the night and all day today. The Seven Mile Bridge Run was canceled for the first time in 31 years because of the lightning threat at the 7:00 a.m. start time. It's only 70°F right now and we're expecting it to be cold and rainy until tomorrow.

Hot tea and fine cigars for comfort.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 04-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Warmest day of the year so far, here in Missoula MT. It's supposed to reach 68 today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 79 degrees, then back down into the lower 60s. All in all a good weather report.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

70 in the midwest right now! It's been warmer earlier this year already.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

3C and snow tomorrow... Do I have to say anything else
    TH 12, 43 years post

In our part of the East Bay of San Francisco we are looking at 89° (too warm, but then I'm a maximum 75° with fog until noon kind of lady) and sunny today, 80° Sunday and by mid week 62° and rain. The tomatoes will have to wait another week, maybe two. But!!! Roses are beginning to bloom!!!

Bente, sorry for the snow and cold!

FO, our neighbors are in FLA for two weeks (I'm pet sitting a Tibetan Terrier) in the Keys and Everglades. Sorry to hear the weather there is not what they were expecting. When they left, we were having unusual thunderstorms and cold and they were looking forward to some place WARM.

NL (GJ's wife-43 years, caregiver 29 years)

Sunny skies and 77 °F (25 °C) at 8:00 a.m. Still quite breezy; a refreshing and invigorating 15 m.p.h. with occasional hat-tossing, skirt-lifting gusts up to 22 m.p.h. Expected high of 83 °F and 58% humidity signals a return to the seasonal Keys weather that people travel the world to enjoy. The rest of the week's National Weather Service forecast reads like a chamber of commerce advertisement.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Windy days and skirt wearing women, one of nature's most wonderful delights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Sunny skies and 77 °F (25 °C) at 8:00 a.m. Still quite breezy; a refreshing and invigorating 15 m.p.h. with occasional hat-tossing, skirt-lifting gusts up to 22 m.p.h. Expected high of 83 °F and 58% humidity signals a return to the seasonal Keys weather that people travel the world to enjoy. The rest of the week's National Weather Service forecast reads like a chamber of commerce advertisement.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!