Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Had a problem with frozen pipes today. I got to go into the shower, but tried to brush my teeth beforehand. No water from either of the bathroom taps. No water from the shower. Oddly, water came from the kitchen cold tap. I called my supplier, and they suggested it could be frozen pipes, which a lot of people are having.
    Mid morning I tried the hot kitchen tap. Some clunking and then there was water again. Loads of green bits came out the tap too.
    I fear this is going to happen again. I hate hate hate winter.

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    Had a problem with frozen pipes today. I got to go into the shower, but tried to brush my teeth beforehand. No water from either of the bathroom taps. No water from the shower. Oddly, water came from the kitchen cold tap. I called my supplier, and they suggested it could be frozen pipes, which a lot of people are having.
    Mid morning I tried the hot kitchen tap. Some clunking and then there was water again. Loads of green bits came out the tap too.
    I fear this is going to happen again. I hate hate hate winter.
    Let us ban winter! Or better yet, ban temperatures from going below 32 degrees in places where people live. I wheeled in -5 degrees, and when the cold snap ended the ground was black ice. This happened every year. I could hear the tips of the rye grass snap in our field! I slid down a mild slope for 20 feet not knowing where I was going to land.

Then a couple that I knew moved to Hawaii and asked me if I wanted to come for the winter. I did, then went home sold my house and moved to Hawaii 25 years ago. I could not help myself. I was single, nothing to keep me in Republic, the Northern most town in Eastern Washington State.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

You have to love Canada:

A blizzard warning was in effect for Nunavut, where Eureka was the country's coldest spot Tuesday morning, reaching a temperature of —42.4°C.

The hot spot? Balmy Long Pond-Manuels, Newfoundland, near St. John's, where the temperature hit 12 C Tuesday morning.

Montreal got hit too (hope the members from Quebec are okay!)

http://www.windsorstar.com/Extreme+w...439/story.html
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Too much snow here. I had to go to a meeting around the corner and had to write a SMS that if I was not there at 5pm, they had to come and look for me in case I was catch by the snow.
    TH 12, 43 years post

My brother's house in Randolph, NY. It is unusually cold in SC right now, but fortunately, none of that white stuff.

Attachment 38146
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

An unusually warm day here today with a high of 62 and very, very dry. I think I saw a dew point of 12 F a day or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    My brother's house in Randolph, NY. It is unusually cold in SC right now, but fortunately, none of that white stuff.

Attachment 38146
    That's about what it looks like here as well. Thankfully two days of sun has melted the slushy bits on the ground
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

brrrrr, winter is here. It was down around 12F last night here, and hasn;t gotten out of the 20s in days.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Sci 55. I know that area. My wife is from Clay just above Syracuse, New York. They received 54" of snow this week. We have about 8" just below Binghamton, New York but very cold this year. To have below Zero this time of the year is to early for anyone. At least we are not shoveling tons of snow. A Blessed Christmas holiday to all.
    Best Regards,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    brrrrr, winter is here. It was down around 12F last night here, and hasn;t gotten out of the 20s in days.

Brrrrr is right!!!! stay warm!!