Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    The UK came to a halt today after heavy overnight snow, all airports closed, no trains running and only motorways passable - I hate Winter!
    I looked out of the window a few minutes ago. It's depressing seeing how much snow is still about. Snow was falling for hours yesterday.
    I want to live at Garyis's house in Hawaii.

It is 40 F here at nearly two in the morning. We are actually wrmer than usual for this time of year...may explain the tornado that hit a few miles from here. They are an unusual occurance, only about 10 in the past fifteen years and the first to cause damage. We have had heavy rain and wind where I'm located, but nothing major. The weather people keep saying it will snow but then the temp goes up.

I am trying to get to sleep, so am drinking a nice hot spiced cider. My sleeping pills don't work as well as they used to. I keep waking up at about this time every night.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    The UK came to a halt today after heavy overnight snow, all airports closed, no trains running and only motorways passable - I hate Winter!
    Just get Kate to walk thew streets. She makes butter melt so I'm sure she'd do a great job melting the snow.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

-4 now with a -16 windchill. Just waiting for the next storm which will be coming this evening and expected to dump another 6-8 inches snow. When does winter start anyway???
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Feeling better cold out 58f showers and its supposed to be summer.

umm, when is it going to stop raining? this is not cool for so-cal

Nice warm weather 87 f today 90 f tomorrow might actually finish the book i am reading outside. hopefully pick a few strawberries and a couple of pints of cherry tomatoes by tomorrow.

Lots of rain.

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

First truly white Christmas that I can remember in Tennessee. I hate snow, but it's perfect for the kids.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Raineed all day on / off and cold dampness but we needed the rain
    Too bad for my arthritis lmao
    The Woodstove keeps me at a happy medium . Earlier today I felt like going out driving in the backroads ,woods but took a well needed break instead .