Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Rained all day yestesday here in ST Lucie county, all night and raining like a mo fo now, pool overflowing, pond out back very high, winds are very bad too, localized flooding and downded trees. I believe this is more rain than we had with Frances, Jeanne or Wilma. Plus lighting and thunder lighting which is very unusual for a trop storm.
    I am lucky and grateful to be dry and safe. Will post more pics later.
    Pam

I must add that this is all from the outer bands for trop strom Isaac...folks in the path of this storm, take warning! I worry for.

Saw the sun a little while ago. What a welcome sight after three days of gray sky and rain! Sadly, it did not last long. The rain and wind came back with a vengence. Thankfully, we have not lost power. The ground is saturated. We are under a flood watch.

So the official word is a feeder band detached from the storm and stalled over a good part of eastern FL. It has stopped for awhile put they predict more rain and say we have recieved about 7". We have lots of local flooding, a few homes damaged from a tornado and a limited power outages. We have been lucky!

It's been raining and cold too. I hate when it gets cold, but I do like the excuse of getting to wear cute cold weather clothes and boots.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Thankfully it's raining in Vancouver!

Never thought I'd say that but we haven't had rain through August and September. Record dry spell going back over 100 years. Today is the first full day of rain. I'm sure the Pacific Northwest has had the same glorious autumn.

Well, last night certainly was fun! First my phone blew up with a loud alarm announcing a tornado warning telling me to take shelter NOW! Then the TV started to do the same. Thunder - Lightening. Scariest thing for me was that it didn't concern me a bit. I think my drama sensor is broken. I get more of a rush from morning coffee.

I'm grateful for the folks that monitor threat and stand ready to respond. And I feel for all the folks who had to wake sleeping children and dogs to get them to the safest place in the house. But, for me, it was just another annoying reality show episode.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

It is warm and humid with occasional showers this afternoon. By this evening we will be getting a downpour from Andrea. There could be as much as 4" of rain overnight. We have had a rather wet and rainy month or two and the ground is already saturated. We have flash flood warnings just about every afternoon these days when the showers start to pop up. We have been gearing up for hurricane season so most people are ready to deal with this little teaser.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Lots O' rain, wind from trop storm Andrea. No sun down here for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia" View Post
    Lots O' rain, wind from trop storm Andrea. No sun down here for sometime.
    Sun shining bright this morning. I'm expecting that it will play the usual summer peek-a-boo game. We'll get days with some clouds, some rain, and a lot of blue sky with glorious sunshine. That's alright with me. Don't mind a little tease. But when the sun cleans out its closet and doesn't leave a note, well that's just rude. Let's not do that again.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg