Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - adjusting foot rest height

TiLite ZR2 - adjusting foot rest height

Hi all, I received my new ZR2 from TiLite over the weekend but the foot rest height was too low, I took a look at the screws at the bottom of the foot rest and am unsure of how to adjust the height.

I removed both screws from the left & right side but it still does not move up and down.

Can anyone advise and help n this. Can TiLite also advise how I go about adjusting this.

Last edited by smokinn.babe; 11-29-2010 at 03:56 AM.

use a rubber hammer to push down it, it is a little bit hard, but it comes down...
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Step 1 in chasmenger's post is important, unscrew it until you can see the entire head of the screw. Hitting a T-handle allen wrench with the mallet will help.

In other words, don't remove the screw
    Most everything I say is

Thank you for the diagram chasmengr. I will try to adjust it tonight for sure. I can wait to start using my new wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    In other words, don't remove the screw
    I removed 2 of the screws and it was still wedged in solid. The wedge inside the titanium tubes worked well. Fortunately, I did not unsit the inside wedge, else will be a problem putting it back

But thanks for the advice all.

I did the same thing, but didn't look at the diagram first now the wedges are on the loose in the tubes and I can't remove the round clamp pieces from the bottom of the tube. I have been at the mercy of Duct tape. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help. I feel silly having done that.

Duct tape holds your footrest up? I would remove the footrest completely and then try to get the clamps out using some type of L shaped tool to tap it down from above the clamp.

Actually, hitting the footrest with a rubber mallet should pull it and the clamps out of the frame