Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - adjusting foot rest height

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    In other words, don't remove the screw
    Kevin, do you know where I can purchase a new set up to make it adjustable again. I received a used ZRA and noticed that the cap screws were missing as I was setting the chair to my settings. Any help from anyone would be appreciated, Jakeyboy, you listening ? mark

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Kevin, do you know where I can purchase a new set up to make it adjustable again. I received a used ZRA and noticed that the cap screws were missing as I was setting the chair to my settings. Any help from anyone would be appreciated, Jakeyboy, you listening ? mark
    Provided that the wedges are still up in the frame somewhere, you will need this size cap screw (1 3/4" long may also work)...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92185A253

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    can anyone make video to show me exactly do this adjustment ? Thanks.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

I have done this to my chair. It's a bit tricky but can be done.

1.You lossen the Allen screw and pull it out.

2.Next get a mallet and hit the footrest downward. This will dislodge the wedge from the clamp (you need to do this because the wedge is sitting on the clamp and hitting against (upwards) will further tighten.

3.If you feel that the wedge is still stuck, use the Allen screw and tap on it but make sure you screw one rotation to guard the wedge thread.

4.Once the footrest, clamp and wedge is out from the frame, reassemble the clamps on both the wedge and push it into the frame to your desired length.

5.Once done lock it with the Allen screw.
    L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
    19th February 1998
    TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
    New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by laidbacklen View Post
    I have done this to my chair. It's a bit tricky but can be done.

1.You lossen the Allen screw and pull it out.

2.Next get a mallet and hit the footrest downward. This will dislodge the wedge from the clamp (you need to do this because the wedge is sitting on the clamp and hitting against (upwards) will further tighten.

3.If you feel that the wedge is still stuck, use the Allen screw and tap on it but make sure you screw one rotation to guard the wedge thread.

4.Once the footrest, clamp and wedge is out from the frame, reassemble the clamps on both the wedge and push it into the frame to your desired length.

5.Once done lock it with the Allen screw.
    Thanks Lens, a bit difference from what chagmr tought, I try to let my friend knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Actually, hitting the footrest with a rubber mallet should pull it and the clamps out of the frame
    Yes! Do it this way, do not hit the screws! If you hit too hard, you'll strip it like I did :/
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

i unscrewed one side til the head was showing and hit the T-handle with a mallet and it came loose. the other side wouldn't unscrew for nothing. now it's stripped and i can't unscrew it. tilites screws for adjusting things SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Yes! Do it this way, do not hit the screws! If you hit too hard, you'll strip it like I did :/
    Wow, now which is which ? hit the screw or footrest?

TiLite instructions say to hit the screw head, but several users have damaged their chairs doing that, so they tried an alternate method: removing the screws and hitting the footrest. If you choose hit-the-screw method, loosen the screws, and tap the screw into the downtube. If you choose hit-the-footrest method, remove the screws, and tap the footrest out of the downtube.

Either method should work, but if you remove the screws and hit the footrest, you'll need to take it all the way out to reassemble the wedges and screws.

I should have access to a video camera in several weeks. If you haven't succeeded by then, let me know, and I'll shoot a video.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-01-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    TiLite instructions say to hit the screw head, but several users have damaged their chairs doing that, so they tried an alternate method: removing the screws and hitting the footrest. If you choose hit-the-screw method, loosen the screws, and tap the screw into the downtube. If you choose hit-the-footrest method, remove the screws, and tap the footrest out of the downtube.

Either method should work, but if you remove the screws and hit the footrest, you'll need to take it all the way out to reassemble the wedges and screws.

I should have access to a video camera in several weeks. If you haven't succeeded by then, let me know, and I'll shoot a video.
    Yes, my friend need a video shoot desperately.