Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New on here...SCI

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Hey Edinburgh... This might be another one!!!!! What do you think?
    Hey Grange you could be right, seems remarkable that amount of beating up, surgery etc, 2 months later out and about.

Bit fishy me thinks........

And you all wonder why this place has a reputation for rude posts and people staying away rather than getting the support they need?

Two months is not an unusuall amount of time. I thought it was long. Insurance companies push people out of rehab faster and faster. My son was just as beaten up in his accident - broke four vertebrae - and he was out in six weeks and back in school two days later.

Give people a chance.
    Yes, we always have to be careful, but blatant rudeness is rediculous. If you have doubts about someone, contact a moderator.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Hey Lucy... My comment was only on the lack of return after making the initial post not about the content of the post. If I am wrong in my thinking I am truly sorry. I just don't understand somebody making an appeal for help and then nothing. Rachel-Honda if you are real please accept my apologies. Unfortunately we do have people that come on here and just want to mess with us "disabled folk". If you are truly needing support dealing with an SCI you have come to the right place and I hope that you will come back and talk to us. It is hard to handle this alone and there is alot of love in these forums.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

hi rachel,
    very sorry this happened to you and your family. you have a long road yet, but may get some recovery once the shock and swelling wear off. I think it must be a good sign that you have feeling. at first I had no feeling at all, then it came back in patches.

grange, maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    And you all wonder why this place has a reputation for rude posts and people staying away rather than getting the support they need?

Two months is not an unusuall amount of time. I thought it was long. Insurance companies push people out of rehab faster and faster. My son was just as beaten up in his accident - broke four vertebrae - and he was out in six weeks and back in school two days later.

Give people a chance.
    Yes, we always have to be careful, but blatant rudeness is rediculous. If you have doubts about someone, contact a moderator.
    yes.

I meant no offence

Lucy, I also did not mean to sound inconsiderate and if you say it's possible to get that messed up and still be back on the street so quickly then I bow to your experience and I apologise.
    Likewise Rachel if you want our help we are here just ask, I just would have expected someone looking for answers to have come back quickly looking for them that's all.

Smile everyone life is tough enough as it is.

Well???????
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Hi ,welcome to cc

Wow. Your story is very simliar to mine. Except I was hit off the road, and instead of being taken to an open field (I live in LA) they just drove me straight to the hospital. The media was there tho (again I live in LA lol).

You even have the same return I had when I was 2 months post.

What I did.

Vitamin B Complex (can buy it at GNC). and Vitamin Water (Which ever had Vitamin B)
    I basically loaded on that, it's all I drank. I also tried to move my legs and feet every commercial break as I laid there, then, one day, my muscles started moving underneath my skin, I would flex them every chance I got, every hour, every time I just sat there and it came to mind to move them, sure enough the muscles got strong enough for me to see my toes move, once that happened, I wiggled them every chance I got until my entire foot moved, then leg, then hips, etc. fast forward today, I walk on forearm crutches or 2 canes depending on the terrain. I still use my chair for mid/long distances. I am 3.5 years post.

Everyones different, but it's worth a shot. Vitamin B recovers nerves.

ps. Welcome to the community. Just remember that everyone is different, everyone comes from different backgrounds and have different views. but most importantly there are a lot of helpful people, with a lot of experience, and good hearts. Use the search engine, as there are loads of information around. Any question you've had, has probably been asked. That's whats so cool about this site. If it weren't for this place, I would have been lost when I first got injured.