Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress

Wedding Dress

I am starting to plan my wedding and looking for a dress that will still look great while sitting in a wheelchair is driving me crazy. I am wondering if there are any wheelchair using brides on this site that can offer suggestions or pictures of what worked for them on the special day?

yes I can, I am not home at the moment, but can send you a picture of me in my dress. Hope it helps!!
    God is good

Hi "Kara,"
    I am helping the daughter of a friend look for wedding dress styles on line (she does not use a wheelchair). While I have been looking, I found these articles from the television series, "Yes to the Dress."
    http://www.beautyability.com/2.0/201...e-2/#more-2112
    http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/say-yes-...g-dresses.html
    I would never have thought of the train idea and having the wheelchair become part of the dress, but I think it worked beautifully here.
    When I saw your thread, I searched the internet, "brides in wheelchairs." There were a number of photographs and articles that may be helpful.
    Best Wishes on your upcoming wedding. I 'd love to see a few of your photos, share them with us at Care Cure Community.

All the best,
    NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Hi "Kara,"
    I am helping the daughter of a friend look for wedding dress styles on line (she does not use a wheelchair). While I have been looking, I found these articles from the television series, "Yes to the Dress."
    http://www.beautyability.com/2.0/201...e-2/#more-2112
    http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/say-yes-...g-dresses.html
    I would never have thought of the train idea and having the wheelchair become part of the dress, but I think it worked beautifully here.
    When I saw your thread, I searched the internet, "brides in wheelchairs." There were a number of photographs and articles that may be helpful.
    Best Wishes on your upcoming wedding. I 'd love to see a few of your photos, share them with us at Care Cure Community.

All the best,
    NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)
    Checked it out and I love the train idea also.

I know it is going to sound stupid, but even after 22 years in the chair, I want it to show as little as possible on our special day.

http://www.izadaptive.com/Store/tabi...AN,ProductName has two dresses for a wheelie bride. Even if you don't like the dresses you might be able to get ideas.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

i had mine made. a bit pricey but very much in line with what i see on the bridal shows like say yes to the dress. mine was two pieces which work best for me so i could easily pee. congrats!!

I got a dress that I liked that we thought would look good on me and then my mom did any alterations (removing the train and the stuff underneath the dress). It turned out cool. I will be willing to send you a pic of me in it if you would like.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Congrats! did you try googling 'wheelchair wedding' and click on 'images'?
    When is the wedding? indoor/outdoor?
    Can we throw a party for her here

The two piece dress idea is a very good one. I talked a shop about it once (I'm not married, but was being a bridesmaid). It's really easy for them to do if you're getting your dress made.

a follow up

Just a follow up. First off, the wedding date is July 30 2011. We are hoping to have a outdoor wedding, but that is still a hope as we need to find a outdoor venue that will have a wheelchair accessible bathroom.

I tried on a few dresses this past weekend. Does that ever take time when you are sitting!!! No real decision yet. Everything that I seem to like has a sweetheart neckline. Although I like them, I think they may show a little to much boob (I am a big c small d cup), but then again I think it is our wedding I can wear what I want and if somebody sees something they didn't want to see oh well.

I doubt I will try anything else on until after Christmas as I hare going shopping right now because of the crowds.

Once again, if anyone has pic's or suggestions, keep them coming.