Thread: vibrating plate

vibrating plate

Has anyone ever used one of these? I'm a t12 and I thought I might be able to use it with my kfo's Any thoughts?

I've heard of it for bone density.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

I've used it in the gym and I hate the feeling, everything vibrates like hell... I don't know anything whether it's beneficial or not. They say it is but you know that's no proof.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by emmy View Post
    Has anyone ever used one of these? I'm a t12 and I thought I might be able to use it with my kfo's Any thoughts?
    Go for it. As a T12 myself I have used it and found it can work two ways depending on the exercises Im doing. Sometimes it can help you get a lot more feedback when producing a movement - even for a few minutes after the vibration has been switched off. At other times it does nothing but make your ears and nose itch ;-)

I have seen it being used by many completes and incompletes by building a larger base for it to perform core, balance and high-kneeling exercises without having to necessarily stand.

Try it out.

“As the cast of villains in SCI is vast and collaborative, so too must be the chorus of hero's that rise to meet them” Ramer et al 2005

what kind would I buy, I don't want to spend to much. My goal is to use it to help loose weight, i found some for around $400

The one projectwalk has is around $5,000

Any suggestions