Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Hi guys, im behind on watching it and that episode i have recently watched and i agree its not conventional, but it was a different time,

I wasn't expecting for Agent Nelson to drown the other agent. I suppose the congregation will be too intimidated to report it-who could blame them?
    A lot happened during last night's episode.
    Where did Margaret go? Any opinions on the latest developments?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I wasn't expecting for Agent Nelson to drown the other agent. I suppose the congregation will be too intimidated to report it-who could blame them?
    A lot happened during last night's episode.
    Where did Margaret go? Any opinions on the latest developments?
    Dang. Wish I hadn't read this. I still have not seen the last two episodes....

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    OH Skogy- I am SO sorry. You can beat me with the frying pan if you want.

Ah, no problem. So he killed the agent that killed the Jimmy witness?

######SPOILER##############

yes-in a peculiar scene. He plays that disturbed character well.
    Do you have it DVRed to watch later?
    We were discussing Deadwood actors earlier. I watch Son's of Anarchy (don't ask me how I got started on that-saw one episode and ended up renting the previous seasons to watch this season) The actor who played Charlie Otter (Utter) and Trixie the whore have good parts along with a couple others.
    The gal who played Joanie (?) was in the series Treme. I always liked her voice.
    I don't watch a lot of network type TV because the asinine commercials get on my nerves. I am going to rent some seasons this winter.

No on the DVR. I have DVR but not HBO - opted to get Netflix in lieu of HBO. But brother-in-law has HBO with on demand. But the last two episodes of BE are not up yet.

DVR IS the only way to watch TV. No commercials and it only takes 22 minutes to watch 1/2 hr shows and 40 or so for 1 hr programs.

We get HBO, but none of the other movie channels. My sister often burns them for us.
    I am hooked on the DVR too.

I love Boardwalk, you just have to be in the mood to watch it though. I think they have to have more season's, I want to see a showdown with Hearst and Nucky

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    gah! me either!

oh well!

I thought the sub plot with the gf/hooker was really well executed, and I love the guy with the phantom of the opera face. And what about the goon with the nervous laugh! Michael Pitt seems to be a HORRIBLE judge of character (lesbian baby's mom, Nucky as a father figure, Al Capone as a friend, hooker gf, mysterious war vet with half a face that he knows NOTHING about that he instantly vouches for) but he's loyal to a fault, and it's a very realistic character dichotomy.

Pitt also did a movie where he portrayed the last days of Kurt Cobain, and it was pretty good too, I think it was a Gus Van Sant flick. he barely spoke in the whole thing, but it was executed pretty well...
    An administrator made me remove my signature.