Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Boardwalk Empire

Anyone else a follower of this new series on HBO, I'm totally digging it. I love how the women in the show seem to have real breasts (no big fake titties) and hairy bushes of course that would be right considering the show is set when Atlantic City was still a resort town and was on its way to become the gambling city on the East coast. I love all the charachters especially Steve Buscemi as Nucky and Michael Pitt as Jimmy, I thought Michael was Brad Pitt's brother because he sort of sounds like him but he's not related. I think the season is almost over but I'm sure it'll be repeated.

I watch it too WTF. Great show, I think there is just two episodes left.

I watch it myself but it's hard for me to keep up with because of my bad memory. Otherwise, it's a really good show.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I was expecting a little more, but like the actors and actresses in it.
    I agree about real boobs, not big silicone things.
    It was driving me crazy wondering where I had seen Michael Pitt before and finally remembered it was in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch."
    That was quite a racy scene when the psycho detective finally lets loose!
    My all time favorite HBO show was "Deadwood." I was obsessed with it!

It is a pretty good show. They have a good show going, a little slow but still good. My favorite scene so far was when the "masked guy" took out the guy in the coffe shop with the bullet going thru the waiter's pitcher of water before going into the guy's cheek below his eye.

I am with you on "Deadwood", there will never be a show as good as that one was, the character's, the costume's, the set. Best show ever.

Yeah, this is a strong show.

The balance of adult themes seem reasonable although maybe a little excessive but then again I might be wrong given that many of the characters are rich and powerful and might get the lovins all the time.

You also have to watch the episodes in order though without missing any in between.

Originally, I thought that Steve Buschemi was a poor choice for Nucky but he has slowly won me over and now I'm a big fan of his protrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    It is a pretty good show. They have a good show going, a little slow but still good. My favorite scene so far was when the "masked guy" took out the guy in the coffe shop with the bullet going thru the waiter's pitcher of water before going into the guy's cheek below his eye.

I am with you on "Deadwood", there will never be a show as good as that one was, the character's, the costume's, the set. Best show ever.
    I was so mad when they canceled Deadwood after the plot was set up for another year.(for a series that bombed) There will never be another show like it. Such characters. Calamity Jane was my favorite.
    I think that is what is bothering me about Boardwalk, just a bit slow. Now that it is getting interesting is nearly end of season.

Al, Dan, Johnny, Bullock were favs. That show was full of great characters. I really like Justified on FX, probably because of Timothy Olyphant. Plus a lot of the actors used in Justified were in Deadwood.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I was expecting a little more, but like the actors and actresses in it.
    I agree about real boobs, not big silicone things.
    It was driving me crazy wondering where I had seen Michael Pitt before and finally remembered it was in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch."
    That was quite a racy scene when the psycho detective finally lets loose!
    My all time favorite HBO show was "Deadwood." I was obsessed with it!
    That was a wild sex scene when agent Nelson was with Lucy, yikes he is pretty strange. When the show first started it was strange to discover that the young burlesque dancer is Jimmy's mother, I was like why is his mother kissing him like that. Its a good show and am looking forward to the season ending. I read its already been picked up for more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    That was a wild sex scene when agent Nelson was with Lucy, yikes he is pretty strange. When the show first started it was strange to discover that the young burlesque dancer is Jimmy's mother, I was like why is his mother kissing him like that. Its a good show and am looking forward to the season ending. I read its already been picked up for more seasons.
    I thought it was strange the way he was kissing his mother too.