Thread: My MRI From 11-12-10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My MRI From 11-12-10

A conservative neurologist told me in plain english that there's no nerve dammage or scar tissue. Just a lot of swelling that still needs to go down.
    And I should get most of my movement and strength back.
    My operation was on 10-2-09.

I must admit that I've come a long ways all of my muscle scores are 3/5 except my left arm I recently started getting more return with traces of movement in my fingers and supination and pronation. Elbow flexion and extension is very weak but I can do in a sling with gravity eliminated and I have good shoulder movement. I'm satisfied with the movement in my lower extremities. Anything I can do to help strengthen what I have so far?
    Injured October 2nd, 2009. C5 incomplete ASIA C
    C2-C3 fusion, C4, C5, C6 and C7 laminectomy.
    And after another operation on February 14th 2014, I am now C1 to T1 incomplete ASIA C, with C5 incomplete neurological function at ASIA C.
    C1 foraminotomy, C1, C2, C3 laminectomy, scar tissue removal from C3 to C7, nerve root decompression of C7 and C8 and a Cervical Re-fusion. All due to a gradually worsening genetic disorder that I have and the other collateral complications that comes along with it.

You are very lucky my friend. Be grateful and work your ass off at every PT appointment. I hope you get 100%! It can take a long time!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!