Thread: Bladder Pain

Bladder Pain

I have had some bladder pain over the last couple of years but it has now become unbearable. I have had a cystescope, prostate exam and urodynamics and nothing appears to be wrong. My doctor thinks it is just neuropathic pain and he has no recommendations to deal with the pain other then to continue my daily dose of Gabapentin, which is of minimal value. The problem worsens with cold weather. Does anyone else have this problem and if so can you suggest a treatment?
    mike

How do you know it's bladder pain? Can you describe it? My AD is immediately triggered with bladder spasms, but the only thing I can "feel" bladder-wise is pressure and of corse the AD symptoms.

Amitriptyline helped my burning bladder.

hope you figure this pain out.

Betheny and Addiesue sent me Alka Selzer for my burning pain in the bladder.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
    How do you know it's bladder pain? Can you describe it? My AD is immediately triggered with bladder spasms, but the only thing I can "feel" bladder-wise is pressure and of corse the AD symptoms.
    I feel a soreness in the urethra and a continuing need to urinate. I suppose that I could try Oxybutin, but if I do, I would have to cath continually and I would like to avoid that if possible.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I feel a soreness in the urethra and a continuing need to urinate. I suppose that I could try Oxybutin, but if I do, I would have to cath continually and I would like to avoid that if possible.
    Ouch! I hope you can find some relief soon.

Mike you and I seem to have had the same symptoms for a while. I changed my bladder medication and my pain went away completely. I take Sanctura now. Do you have a spastic bladder? I do. I used to think it was just pain in the bladder but mine seemed to be spasms. They got much worse after cystoscopy. My urologist said my bladder looked like a 90 year old man's so I am glad yours looks good.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Mike you and I seem to have had the same symptoms for a while. I changed my bladder medication and my pain went away completely. I take Sanctura now. Do you have a spastic bladder? I do. I used to think it was just pain in the bladder but mine seemed to be spasms. They got much worse after cystoscopy. My urologist said my bladder looked like a 90 year old man's so I am glad yours looks good.
    I do have a neuropathic bladder which gives me problems urinating and completely emptying. As I understand it, Sanctura, is similar to Oxybutin which does control spasms but eliminates the capability to urinate and therefore requires cathing. I don't cath know and would prefer not to. I may have to go to this type of drug to deal with this pain.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Are you sure you don't have a rumbling UTI Mike? I don't have a lot of experience with them (touch wood) but you've described the symptoms of the half dozen or so I have had perfectly.