Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I seem to be in a dark place....

Hey, DD. Was thinking about you today and wondering if you have the same lousy weather I'm having.....it hurts, to say the least. I know what doing without the meds is like.....not fun. I've got one more month to buy mine. Don't know if that's going to happen. I just checked the checkbook balance lol . Gotta laugh, it was so ugly, I actually thought we still had a little bit of money. I should have known better. I've been buying my own meds since April, between medical crap and car repairs, I'm done. Been trying to decide if I can make it on half the meds this month. The burning gets uglier and uglier.....

I hope things can get straightened out for you T. I know how you feel about not working. I just wish I had an answer for you. At least you tried. I did'nt even try to go back to work. But, with these hands, I could'nt have done the ten key pad and without that, I'm not much of a bookkeeper............

how you doing? the weather doesn't affect me, but stress and loss of ability to work sure do. thinking of you, daisy.

OJ, you always seem to have the right words and that helps more than you know.

The weather really does suck and yes I am getting it across the hill from ya Smoky mtn LOL

Cass, that is so weird how it affects some and not others. I am sleeping more than I normally do but I think it is just being depressed and taking meds. Hopefully, my Medicare will kick in and I can get to the doctor within a couple of weeks. I don't know why it takes them so long to get it started back again. They tell you it is so easy to go back to work but I think they lie....

I am actually doing better this afternoon. I have another thread in the Womans forum that resolved some of my stress.

I refuse to worry about things that I cannot change. I have got to find something to take my mind off this constant pain though. Thats what I used work for....
    Last edited by darkeyed_daisy; 11-23-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Daisy, hope today was the best yet this week!

Please take care, ok?

Teena

I have an appointment with a doctor here in town next Monday. I hope she can up my Topamax/Oxcontin or offer something else to help with my misery.

My animals have provided lots of smiles for the last couple of days. Without them, I don't think I could make it.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I'm sorry. Not 10 min's ago, my father told me I need to get my life straightened out or I'm gonna wind up in a mental hospital. They say it out of concern, but straightening my life out is like telling you to reduce stress. Neither of us chose our messes, we just got 'em!

The weather hurts me too. Barometric changes are my biggest issue, but cold runs a close 2nd. I loved the Gulf coast but those barometric changes, like tropical storms, literally put me in the hosp for pain.

For stress, can you try meditating, yoga, accupuncture, tai chi, anything like that? It seems like putting a bandaid on a chainsaw wound, I know, but it's not all jedi mind tricks. Some of it works, if you find the right one. People have done it for centuries for a reason.

After my recent dilaudid debacle, I'm feeling more open to alternative options. As I piece it together, I find that after breaking my ankle I spent 3 days in my room talking to Steve, and hollering at Jake for not doing what his father said. I'm sort of afraid I have actual brain damage...and they sent me home in that condition, leg in soft cast, for all they knew I lived alone!

We can't fix our kids. We have to love them, set them free and let them be who they are. I know how you feel, but it is what it is. If ppl want to judge us b/c of our kids, I guess they will. But neither of us raised Jeffrey Dahmer.

I hope you don't feel insulted that I suggested such simple ideas, I know the problems aren't simple. But maybe caring for ourselves, time spent meditating or whatever, really does help? I know I'm fixing to try...before Dad sends me to the loony bin.

Re the animals, ditto. Dingo is my salvation.

hell, a massage can do wonders, for a bit. i'd try anything, daisy, except a ton of meds. i'm certainly not saying no meds or what can work for you. i feel good when i get a massage, pedicure, hair done...something self-indulgent.

but i feel best when i can do something for someone. i try. we all try. thinking of you.
    Last edited by cass; 12-01-2010 at 11:19 PM.

I take it back, I may have raised Jefrey Dahmer. That sob just walked, took my van key, said he needed a cd out of it. I am on shaky ground insurance-wise due to Jake. The only reason we still have ins is b/c we've been w/ state farm for 40 years or so. They told me, if Jacob is caught driving my vehicles, we're out. No car, no homeowners, no insurance. They told me a family in similar circumstances had been insurance shopping, kid had multiple wrecks, bam. They were uninsured.

Anyway, he took my van for 5 minutes and doesn't get why I'm upset. I'm kicking him out when I figure how to get myself off the floor, or quit falling due to broken ankle.

See? I didn't make the messes, I just got 'em! Granted, I did raise him. Kids are a crapshoot anyway, I don't care what they say.

PS-Casey does care, I'm sure she does. They are just self-centered, self-absorbed little pieces of crap at this age, except the ones that aren't. You and I got the shitheads, but they will grow up. My stepson, at 29, is very nearly human now. At 21, he was not.
    Last edited by betheny; 12-01-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I take it back, I may have raised Jefrey
    See? I didn't make the messes, I just got 'em! Granted, I did raise him. Kids are a crapshoot anyway, I don't care what they say.
    Kid are a crapshoot in so many ways.
    My friend's sister has 2 boys. I've known this family for 40 years.
    One is a decorated policeman in a midsized city, always was a polite kid and well liked.
    The other is in and out of jail/prison, has stolen from my friend and a great heartache to their family. He has had so many chances from them.
    They were raised in the same house and are close in age.

Bethany, I'd love to see a bigger picture of Dingo on one of the photo threads.

I am not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine, but not as intimidating in this whellchair. Kids are growing up fast and attitudes are going south. They do know that when I get out of this chair and reach for my cane, shit is about to hit the fan.