Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sol

Sol

We are in the middle of a blizzard. I'm not sure when an aide will be able to get here. Tomorrow morning is program and shower day.
    The one that was coming tonight has 4WD, but has to stay at the hospital she works at for mandatory emergency lock in.
    She was going to fill in for the one from out of town as we knew the storm coming.
    Nights are not too hard, just a lot to do with trach,SP etc. The ceiling lift helps.
    Usually when they are getting him in bed I take some time for myself.
    My sister, son, niece, mother and daughter were going to be here tomorrow night and Sat for some food and Scrabble.
    They would have helped me then and we were looking forward to spending New Years Eve with them.
    Like we used to every year. Dave would always cook steaks outside no matter how cold it was.
    The way things are looking no one will be down our unplowed dead end street.
    He choked on a peice of rice at supper. I'm going to wake up one morning with all white hair!
    I am absolutely overwhelmed. If I were stronger and he were not as large it would be easier, but we are who we are.
    It f#cking sucks that my dear has to be injured so severely. He did not even have a voice today and was dreadfully quiet.
    At least the bird talks to me, but all he does is say how pretty he is!

That's it for my pity party gang.

(((hugs)))

I wish there was something I could say to make it better.....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I'm so sorry Linda. There are no words, except maybe "this too shall pass".

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    I'm so sorry Linda. There are no words, except maybe "this too shall pass".
    Thanks sweetie. It will.
    Everything just seems magnified right now.
    The holidays, wishing I could do it all, thinking we are doing so well and something like this happens.
    It helps to vent to people that understand.
    It isn't a caregiver thing, it's an SCI thing.
    I don't want anyone who has a caregiver to think I am complaining.

We would never think of you as a complainer Linda. Surrounding you with a big bear hug and a slap on the back for your hubby. May you both stay warm and healthy

Linda, I'm often in the same situation with my mom, who is my primary caregiver when things go wrong, as they so often do when you need 24/7 care. It kills me the toll my injury takes on her, and I would never begrudge her the feelings of despair and exhaustion and hopelessness that my sci has caused. Some days are just pure evil, but we get through. You will too. Because you're awesome. Trust me, I'm a highly qualified judge of these things.

Ughh ...... I'm sorry Linda . Living with our weather is tough enough when everyone is able bodied let alone your situation !

Now don't laugh - but when I am overwhelmed and faced with what seems impossible - I start summoning angels - I literally talk out loud asking them to help me out a little - I say a prayer and I ask for help - it makes me feel less alone and I truly believe they hear me because when I look back at some of the terrible things I've had to face - somehow someway I've got through it. It may be a little messy - but I get through it! Shoot ... what have we got to loose and who even cares what anyone thinks anyway. We have to do what we need to do to survive - plain and simple.

I listen to alot of talk radio at night - eases the loneliness a little and sometimes I just surf the net all night long - and I find things like this - I hope it brings you a little smile - I'll pray your angels show up to help ease your load and the storm passes very soon ! {{{{hug}}}}

Obie
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-31-2010 at 06:01 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Oh Linda...I too am sending hugs your way.

I hope you take these attempts to take your mind off your troubles in the way it is intended - cause I found another one that was too cute to pass up !

When we get storm stayed like you folks are I tend to act a little like this fellow in the vid ....... {{{another hug}}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Linda,
    Hugs to you, my friend. I can't even imagine the stress you endure on good days, let alone when a blizzard wallops the entire region.