Thread: has anyone read this Neurogel news?

has anyone read this Neurogel news?

Reuters) - StemCells Inc. filed an application for regulatory approval in Switzerland for a first clinical trial with its neural stem cells in patients with spinal cord injury less than a year, the company said.

They think they enroll in clinical trials (Phase I) ten patients with lesions between 3 and 12 months.

"To date, emphasis has been placed on the acute phase of spinal cord injury," said Martin McGlynn, CEO of StemCells in an interview. "This is an important area, but the greatest unmet need is for those who have exceeded the acute phase of injury."

About 1.3 million Americans have a chronic lesion of the spinal cord, but most studies have shown that any attempt of treatment must take place within days after the injury to give recoveries.

StemCells Inc., based in Palo Alto, Calif., said that ethics committees have approved the clinical trial. They plan to conduct the trial in Switzerland because of the expertise

. Another one that is not "really " chronic?. I can see this as avoiding secondary problems but damnit.

Wise any comment?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

there is more but I couldn't translate it right. I would look it up. It was on facebook

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Well the more trials the better I say

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Another one that is not "really " chronic?. I can see this as avoiding secondary problems but damnit.

Wise any comment?
    Um, this exact story has already been posted and you even
    commented on it in its original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I don't understand, I see a few trials starting for, quote: "chronic" injuries but then limits the trials to patients who have been injured 5 years or in this case, up to 12 months. I don't understand, how can these really be called "chronic" studies? I understand "technically" but c'mon
    How is not really chronic? You mean you want them to include
    people whose bodies are so deteriorated that recovery can't
    be measured without years of rehab? All that would do is waste
    more time.

I think i saw this news here... but what does that have to do with Neurogel?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

I dont believe Stem Cells Inc and Neurogel are linked/collaborating in anyway. I might have missed something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    I dont believe Stem Cells Inc and Neurogel are linked/collaborating in anyway. I might have missed something though.
    Think they are... I've read an article regarding their collaboration. Can't find it right now, but will re-post with the link
    Regards Peter

yeah, sorry for not explaining that, stemcells inc in collaboratiion with Neurogel. Check neurogels facebook page. That is where I saw it

I'd love an English FB site from them..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.