Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuprodx multiCHAIR 3000tx

Nuprodx multiCHAIR 3000tx

http://www.sportaid.com/nuprodx-multichair-3000tx.html

Anyone have this and recommend it?

Most importantly, I would like to know if this chair can fit over toilet bowls when using it as a commode. And also if its sturdy enough to transfer to and from when using it as a shower bench with the extension cushion attached.

Would like to use this for when I travel and staying at hotels.

Thanks!
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

yes, yes and yes.

Get the optional drop rail. Chair is about useless and a waste of money without it. Can't take care of business below with the standard set-up.

Blog Entries
    The legs should telescope. I got mine with casters on all 4 legs, as I find it easier to transfer on to it from the bed than from my wheelchair. 6Gun is right about the drop rail - I got mine in the side rather than in front.

Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

i use mine all the time and the drop rail for me stays OFF and is somewhere in storage.

drop rail

i'm considering buying this but was wondering about the drop rail. for anyone who has one with the drop rail, especially on the side, does it give you enough clearance to stim? i've been searching and searching for a travel chair that will allow this and this chair seems like the best option.

No way I could see anyone doing a stim on these chairs without the drop rail. Not without arms 6 ft long. I've had a 3000 for 8 years. Just about to order a 3000tx super sturdy chairs that fit over any toilet and travel better than anyone would expect a commode to.

I have this for a while now and used it couple of times during travels. I highly recommend this chair for travels! Drop rail is a must for easier access to you know where.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

I have and LOVE it! I'm a para and have been doing my dig stim from the side since day one. Never had a problem and I don't have the drop rail. I have an invacare mariner I use at home dig stim on the side of that one too though. I don't know if height matters, but I'm 6' 3" maybe that's why it's easy for me.....

I do recommend the off-set legs though. The chair won't fit over a wall-hung commode without them. In a wall-hung commode the porcelain is wider closer to the wall- the off-set legs allow you to span the commode at its widest point.

BTW- I LOVE THIS CHAIR! lol

Dave
    Dave

This is the best made piece of equipment I have purchased. Brought on a trip to China, small and compact. Try buying it direct from the maker, you may get a better price, (shhhhh).