Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 month update on ZR2

How's the back angle hardware on the Top End chairs?

Sounds like TiLite was trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    They'd do it for a Designs Unlimited fee, wouldnt they? Or so they use the term "unlimited" loosely? I'd pay maybe another $100 for it.

Their "design Unlimited fee" charged me,my insurance, and extra 160 dollars to put smooth velcro on the solid seatpan rather than the hook velcro. It is the sticky type velcro as it is an aluminum sp not a sling.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Their "design Unlimited fee" charged me,my insurance, and extra 160 dollars to put smooth velcro on the solid seatpan rather than the hook velcro. It is the sticky type velcro as it is an aluminum sp not a sling.
    Patrick, you're completely overlooking the fact that to accommodate such a request TiLite has to fly in Velcro consultants from Switzerland and close the factory for no less than half a day bringing production to a complete halt.
    Last edited by stephen212; 11-18-2010 at 10:09 PM.

lol Stephen, sorry I forgot about the Swiss consultants.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Patrick, you're completely overlooking the fact that to accommodate such a request TiLite has to fly in Velcro consultants from Switzerland and close the factory for no less than half a day bringing production to a complete halt.
    whats w/ you lately, you have actually been funny as hell. getting more punany or something??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    So I haven't been able to get back to this yet, but to get this fix or updated hardware or whatever just give TI a call myself, or have they been sending people back through their DME?
    go to ti directly, if they send you to your dme raise hell. this is a manufacturing recall, they are liable.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Texas,

Regarding the sub conversation stephen212 and I were having earlier about the sling…

I drew something you might be interested in:

http://tinyurl.com/2ey29u3

It's not complete yet as I haven't made the connection points for the springs to the rails.

I'm sure your mind can fill in the blank.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    Texas,

Regarding the sub conversation stephen212 and I were having earlier about the sling…

I drew something you might be interested in:

http://tinyurl.com/2ey29u3

It's not complete yet as I haven't made the connection points for the springs to the rails.

I'm sure your mind can fill in the blank.
    You don't mention specifically how the outside rails mount to the frame, but I had the thought that they could be welded to the inside part of the frame thus eliminating the need to drill any holes into the frame proper.

I modeled it after the quickie 2 HP I use as a shower chair primarily because I can see it.

Basically, the outside rail runs along the length of the seat.

Toto's peeps would have to comment on the strength of welding that part to the inside edge. Perhaps Steve Garro or Jeff Adams could comment.