Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Measurements for chair

Stephen

I finally just got my new ZR Series 2 a couple of weeks, after having to send it back for a defect in the summer. I've been meaning to post some pics and will try to tonight. Chair rides great, I went up to 26" wheels for the first time and back to coated handrims for the first time in 12 years. So easy to push!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solorider View Post
    Stephen

I finally just got my new ZR Series 2 a couple of weeks, after having to send it back for a defect in the summer. I've been meaning to post some pics and will try to tonight. Chair rides great, I went up to 26" wheels for the first time and back to coated handrims for the first time in 12 years. So easy to push!!

Yeah, I searched through your old posts and now I remember your issue with the off-center down tubes (or whatever TiLite calls them). My chair has the same problem, but to a much lesser degree. So, did TiLite modify the original frame defect or did they build you a new chair? Did TiLite (the CC member) contact you and intervene on your behalf?

They actually built a new frame (took 2 months) and it came back with the exact same defect on the same side. I can't wait for another one so I worked something out with the DME and Tilite to just live with it. Don't want to say much more than that. Love the chair but as other post suggest there are some quality control issues to work out. Will try to get some pics up late this evening.

Back to Cheesecake: don't let them tell you what you need, order what works for you and take the good advise from experienced users on this site. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solorider View Post
    They actually built a new frame (took 2 months) and it came back with the exact same defect on the same side. I can't wait for another one so I worked something out with the DME and Tilite to just live with it. Don't want to say much more than that. Love the chair but as other post suggest there are some quality control issues to work out. Will try to get some pics up late this evening.
    That's very disheartening, to put it kindly. Every time I think that maybe my next chair will be another TiLite after all, I come across something like this and I ask myself, Do they really deserve my business? This is embarrassing.

But, yeah, back to Cheesecake.

COG setting on ZR

Hey!

My order for my new ZR goes in today and I have the COG set at 2.25. My current chair has a 2.25 setting.

QUESTION: On the ZR what is the adjustable COG settings? Can I move it to 2.00 or 1.50?

Thanks for advice.

Now I worry about the above post on the defective ZR
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I am impatient as they come, but being you still have lots of questions let me ask, do you still have the demo chair? If not, ask for another, maybe a slightly different size. You will be using this chair every day for a long time, take the extra time to get it the best you can. You are right in questioning as you are, don't second guess yourself. If you still have the demo, you say that the back of your legs rub. Is the cushion you are using extending past your seat upholstery or do your legs touch the upholstery as well?

18x17 is large; I am in a 17w by 16d chair and I touch the side guards, as you should. When you say the width is a snug fit, it is hard for us to judge what snug is to you. If your current chair is a lot wider, what seems snug may be just right. If you are pushing the side guards out, if the chair has any, then maybe 17" wide is right.
    I touch the side guards in the 16 w chair. I started with neuro pain but I think it was more the jeans than anything else. I can get thru doors in my home with no modifications--the bathroom is all important.

My legs touch the upholstry, the cushion is just a standard taper cushion and it appears to run short. I adjusted it forward, but still hit cushion and upholstry. It is a sling seat, I plan to get a rigid seat--there is sag but the velcro can not be tightened any more.

The back cushion is also soft upholstry and not very comfortable. I am probably going to get a Jay 3 due to a scoliosis in my upper back.

My left foot does not sit flat on the foot rest and it is anoying as hell. The right seems to be okay.

This is my first chair in 17 yrs so I have nothing to compare it too. I touch the sideguards but do not push them out. The seat is a taper front and I like that alot. I might consider taper down to the feet as well

I have this chair thru the weekend--then I place my order for approval thru the insurance. I have 100% DME coverage, no cap.

If I am brave, I will post a photo.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I touch the side guards in the 16 w chair.
    If I am brave, I will post a photo.
    Sounds like 16" wide is right to me.

A photo may be great in getting input.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982