Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Equipment for Kids

I'm not sure how useful this is, but the UsersFirst Mobility Map has some information about Finding Funding, including Alternative Funding Sources.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks, I'll have to have a look at that!

Welp, another update...some friends that I was discussing all this with urged me to reach out to try to find funding before they take my daughter's loaner chair away on August 13th. When I refused to, they did it themselves. That being said, I'm just humbled to see the outpouring of love and support coming Samantha's way. It's just...well...unreal.

Thought everyone here would like to know that I'm almost there...no matter WHAT the insurance company tells me.

https://www.crowdrise.com/letshelpsamrollintothefuture

Note to moderator...if this link can't be here, please just delete it and accept my apologies. Just wanted everyone to see what's happening.

I'm so happy to see the support that your daughter is getting for a new chair. She is a very beautiful little girl , and what a great singer!
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Just wanted to stop back in with an update...all is well here! With the funds everyone donated, I was able to purchase both the EasyStand and the Tailwind chair for her. She has had the chair for almost three weeks now, and the freedom that it gives her is just incredible...now I can't even keep up with the kid! Insurance hasn't paid a dime, so I am extremely thankful for the outpouring of support for my little one. It's all just incredible.

Thanks for the update. That's wonderful that you could get them both. Well done by you and your team.