Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Equipment for Kids

looks like the cost could come in pretty low too...

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Has everyone already seen this? Very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY7KoJsxcZg

ohh, what a shame that little baby in a wheelchair....

very cool pediatric chair. I only wish his feet were slightly more protected from bumps and bruises.

He looks so happy wheeling around in his new chair. What a great gift of love his Uncle gave him.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Looks like a bumbo with wheels. Genius!

Sit-Skiing for kids

Just returned from holiday in Edinburgh, Scotland (where I'm originally from). Managed to set up a couple of sit-ski (bi-ski) lessons for my son (who just turned 8 while we were there). I can thoroughly recommend the experience at Hillend Ski Centre, which is an artificial ski slope (it used to be the longest in Europe). The instructor was great, my son had an absolute blast, and he is now desperate to go to the snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPAta79R94Y
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Electric Scooter

Bought an electric scooter (Razor E300), attached it to my son's wheelchair, and off he went!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PO3SdscD3w

Battery life is around 40 minutes, which seems to be enough for my son at the moment. Would definitely recommend the E300 (which is the largest powered electric scooter that Razor make), as the smaller ones wouldn't have enough power to pull a wheelchair. It works well on sealed roads, and will go up reasonable hills. Not quite as fast on grass though, and he needs to be a bit careful if the ground is tilting to one side...we've had him topple over sideways once already (on grass, at slow speed, so no harm done thankfully!).
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Just returned from holiday in Edinburgh, Scotland (where I'm originally from). Managed to set up a couple of sit-ski (bi-ski) lessons for my son (who just turned 8 while we were there). I can thoroughly recommend the experience at Hillend Ski Centre, which is an artificial ski slope (it used to be the longest in Europe). The instructor was great, my son had an absolute blast, and he is now desperate to go to the snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPAta79R94Y
    Woops, problem with youtube upload......just have to make do with some photos instead...

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know anything about power chairs for kids? Thanks
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

Hi wc mom, Not a long shot-happen to have loads of info but not from personal experience yet but will be getting assessment this year. Give me a few days and will post what i have.

Hey Gordy, Havn't been on for a while, Loved the info about sit ski in scotland-very doable for us distance wise, glad you all loved it. and great idea about the scooter-i see your boy is a lot more confident than my girl-she still has anti-tippers-but they are going higher!

Pity this forum didn't take off much-thought there were more of us out there.