Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Equipment for Kids

my son doesn't have an SCI but this is his equipment list:

Wheelchair: Razorblade Jr. with custom seat from Freedom Designs Inc. Hoping to get spokeguards soon. We also have a stroller style wheelchair, the Otto Bock Kimba, which has tilt, recline and a sunshade.

Feeding: We have the R82 Snug Seat xPanda with the power base. Not only does it provide support, it provides simple push button controls to go to the floor and all the way up to bar height (might be higher than that actually). Works great for his independence. He can get in himself and push the button to lift to any table height or help cook (when we had a kitchen big enough to accom)

Bracing: Hayden only uses AFOs. He has the DAFO 3.5s, although we may be moving to hinges soon. We'll see.

Bed: He still requires all around railing for safety but I didn't want to get anything medical like the SleepSafe beds. So he has the MaxtrixKids twin size bed with a full rail on one side and 3/4 rail on the other. I am thinking to purchase the lift kit and lift it to low loft height for additional space in his room

Bathing: Hayden is able to sit in the tub so we don't use anything currently

Toileting: Hayden has very poor bladder control. Either he's holding and unable to release or it floods out with no warning (or him noticing). He still wears Target Brand pull ups in a 2T. We taught him to change himself although he still has to be reminded frequently as he has no issue running around in completely soaked clothing. For bowel accidents (same problems), we change him on the floor.

Carseat: Hayden still uses a 5pt Harness. I have the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL that allows him to still ride rearfacing. For forward facing, he has the Graco Nautilus in full recline with vehicle seat slightly reclined.

Swimming: Hayden can't float at all. lol. He uses a lifevest from Stearns for 30-50lbs. His arms are too tiny for wings. This works well for him.
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

Just got a basketball wheelchair for my son (bought one of 7 purchased by Wheelchair Sports in Perth, Western Australia).

http://www.motivation.org.uk/sports/

Designed in the UK, made in China (and made well, it seems). Very good value chairs...A$600 a chair, delivered to Perth. (1A$=1US$ at the moment).

Possibly slightly heavier than more expensive chairs, but don't see that as an issue with basketball chairs made for kids (where the weight adds some stability).

Definitely recommended if you have a child who has access to wheelchair basketball facilities.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Just got a basketball wheelchair for my son.
    Two vids...first one a timed race...second a game of British Bulldogs (my son is the one who almost face plants at the end!). This was my son using his basketball chair for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DgPh...e_gdata_player
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyZy...e_gdata_player

And yes, he does have a unique racing style! (if only I could convince him to race in a track chair...he's tried one once, but didn't like it...maybe when he's older!).
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Looking good!!
    Thanks for the video-nice to see him in action. I can see he's no push over-he's going to get the most out of that chair!
    Wish Noirin was interested but if its not horses it is so not cool at the minute. Good to have the info though just in case. Thanks and hope all is going well with you. Sonia.

Thumbs up EasyStand 5000 "YOUTH MODEL" $1450.

EasyStand 5000 Standing Frame For Sale "Like New" $1450

This unit retails for over $2700, See Here; http://www.medicalsuppliest.com/easy...n=GoogShopping

Call RYAN DULINA @ 570-401-6120

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmichael View Post
    EasyStand 5000 Standing Frame For Sale "Like New" $1450

This unit retails for over $2700, See Here; http://www.medicalsuppliest.com/easy...n=GoogShopping

Call RYAN DULINA @ 570-401-6120
    You have already posted in the Equipment and Services section. This does not belong here.

Very cool toddler wheelchair

Has everyone already seen this? Very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY7KoJsxcZg

had not seen it....very cool

very cool now we need to get more parent choosing wheelchairs for young kids over strollers that we end up sitting till we double digitalis

wonderful chair
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>