Thread: TiLite User-Friendly Anti-Tipper

TiLite User-Friendly Anti-Tipper

I am curious to see if I (a C-6 Quad and sitting in my chair)could engage and disengage these anti-tippers. Does somebody have a photo of one and could post it here or have a link? Thanks

For series 1 or 2? They are slightly different between series. I have them on my AeroZ (series 1); they must be pulled down and away to disengage, which is tough from a seated position, but can be done (I stand behind my chair to disengage/engage mine). On the ZR/ZRA2 they have a lever release; I don't know how easy they are to operate, but they look easier than mine. I'll be glad to post picks if series 1 is the style you have in mind - just let me know.

BTW I absolutely love mine - I use (engage/disengage) them every day when pushing my chair up and down the couple steps to my apartment.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-16-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thank you Chasmengr. It's good to hear that the Series 2 has a lever which makes me think that it would be possible or easier for a user to reach behind and turn them up and then later turn them down. In the diagram I can now see the lever. I would still like to see a photo of them and even better to hear from someone who has a set.

these r mine, i cant pull em up myself

C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

It's nice to see that TiLite is still innovating.

Mac85: Those look like the ones pictured in the first photo.

Does anyone have the new lever type that they could post a photo of?

i dont understand why you cant get swingaway antitippers in the us. they are almost all swingaway here, my dealers didnt know what to do with my tilite ones when my chair arrived. the style i have on my tr is not the so-called 'user friendly' version, but it was outdated on my first chair in 2000. when folded in, they add barely any to the depth of the chair, important for car transfers, etc. and theres no lever or catch. check the quickie europe website for parts diagrams.

Thank you Mac85 for posting a photo of yours but I can't see the lever mechanism that is in the diagram posted by Chasmengr for the ZR-2 which leads me to think that yours are not the ZR-2s.

Thanks AmyK for the suggestion of Europen swing away anti-tippers. I did a google search and I could not find a photo of them. Would you happen to have a photo or a link?

I'm curious to see a pic of the lever anti-tippers too. I go without tippers because I can't put my chair in my car with them on and I really do need them.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    I am curious to see if I (a C-6 Quad and sitting in my chair)could engage and disengage these anti-tippers. Does somebody have a photo of one and could post it here or have a link? Thanks
    The quads at TiLite have used the Series 2 anti-tips and say "yes". All injuries being different, take that with a grain of salt but the mechanism to engage and disengage the anti-tips is very easy.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.