Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tension adjustable by strap seat and Stimulite Classic sling

Tension adjustable by strap seat and Stimulite Classic sling

Will the tension adjustable by strap seat upholstery be wasted with a Stimulite Classic Sling? I understand that there is a rigid insert at the bottom of the cushion.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

imo, that adfj strap seat is a waste of monies and a huge pain in the ass. it doesnt stay tight, im constantly tightning those straps. my new zr2 has the bolt on, much better.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    imo, that adfj strap seat is a waste of monies and a huge pain in the ass. it doesnt stay tight, im constantly tightning those straps. my new zr2 has the bolt on, much better.
    A bolt on sling is not available with a tapered seat, if that's what Peter is interested in.

There is no rigid insert. The sling version has a curved base, made of the same material as the rest of the cushion, but adds a significant amount of height. I bought a stim contour sling and regret it. I can't use it at all, and it's gathering dust. That kind of base might be usuable with an old very stretched seat sling, but not with a tension-adjustible sling.

fuente - Having to adjust the straps every now and then is a pain indeed. Need to reconsider this choice again.

stephen - Nah, I wanted to know if I am wasting $150 for the strap adjustable seat since I will also be paying extra for the Stimulite Classic Sling and wondering the difference between the sling and flat bottom versions.

amyk- What I don't need is extra height from the cushion. What seat and cushion are you on now?
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

I have the flat bottom cushion...and there is no extra height. The extra height comes from the sling cushion. If you went with the flat bottom...you should be ok.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Peter - the sling version of the stimulite cushion has a slightly curved underside, to match the (assumed) slight curvature of a fabric seat. The flat version is flat, intended for use with solid seats.

If your seat fabric does not curve a little when it is weighted by you sitting in it, the sling cushion will sit a little higher.

wheeliecoach - I am going for the sling seat. Was mulling the Stimulite Sport but it is only for flat bottom.

Katja - Hmm, now I have to rethink my cushion and seat.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

peter the sport would be fine. its just thinner. if your skin is good go for it. i use that on my handcycle
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Have you thought about a ridgid seatpan. I've had them for years and will never go back to a seat sling .