Thread: My grandmas leg

My grandmas leg

Hi my grandma went into the hospital with a sore on her leg,it did not heal and they amputated the right leg just under the knee.She went to rehab i came home after two weeks.We took her back to the hospital for a check up on the leg and found that the leg was not healing and the doctor said they gonna have to cut the leg above the knee.She has been on atibiotic drips for awhile 2 months on and of.She is at home this weekend but since last night there is now coming water out of the left legs skin?Its quite a bit and not sweat so what can the reason for that be?

So sorry about your grandmother. I assume she is either diabetic or has severe peripheral vascular disease? Has she had vascular studies to determine if she is a candidate for revascularization surgery?

The weeping of her skin that you see may be a sign of infection such as cellulitis. Is the skin also red or blistered looking? She needs to be seen by her physician as soon as possible.

(KLD)

Sorry about your Grandmother, Riaan. Glad you are there for her.

Yes it is red and blistered,dont hope its to serios.

Sorry about your grandma, you need to take her back to the hospital/doctor as soon as possible.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Cellulitis is a systemic infection .. she needs antibiotics and to keep that leg elevated. If she has diabetes, she would have inhibited healing to begin with.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12