Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: honda vmi problems

honda vmi problems

I'm new to this site, so I apologize for bringing up something that's already been discussed...I recently bought a 2010 Honda Odyssey with the VMI infloor ramp. I thought I did my homework, but I guess I missed hearing about issues with these vans. I've now had the new van for about a month and a half and have had multiple problems with the conversion!
    VMI has now installed magnetic switches in the taillight and told me to use those if the remote fails - that doesn't seem like a solution to me.
    I'm wondering what others have done in this situation...

I have the same van, it's had a lot of little issues too. They have a 3 year warrenty so take it back. They have put a new computer in mine (not the Honda ECU but the VMI brain) and they put in a new motor for the ramp. The VMI dealer here has really stepped up to help me. But start bugging them now, they have to fix it.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

That's some major work, Dewey! Is yours working well now?

lindalee, are you only having issues with the remotes, or with any switch?

Jk
    They've replaced a couple of things - an internal switch and the actuator/ kneeler so now it seems to be just the remote...

Linda, I haven't been involved with VMI in a while, so I'm not 100% up on how they're doing the remote system these days. They used to have a seperate remote receiver that gave the signal to the VMI controller. If both remotes quit working at exactly the same time I would say there may be an issue with the receiver, if one quit and then the other I'd suspect the remotes themselves. I would encourage you to stay on top of your dealer, it is their responsibility to keep your van on the road and in my opinion having a working remote system is a huge part of that. If your dealer doesn't take care of it for you call VMI customer service. I'd encourage you to try to get this taken care of quickly so it doesn't turn into a long standing issue.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Linda,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Sepereate and apart from your van problems i'm just posting to say the magnetic tail light switch in itself is a good back up feature to have. Often, depending where I am downtown, my remote will not work due to interferrence.

For me, VMI hasn't been the same since Tiger had to retire due to health reasons. He was always available to answer questions. Now, a person can't even reasch the corporae office at all.

JK-
    Thanks for sharing the info on the workings of the remote system - that should be helpful for troubleshooting the problem. I definitely will continue taking it back in until they get it all working right....

Linda, please do and let me know how you make out. Even though we aren't a VMI dealer we still have a lot of clients that own VMIs. Send me a PM if you feel like you're getting the runaround, I'll be happy to make some calls.