Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Live from Working 2 Walk 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by schmeky View Post
    it's been the same information now for about 3 years. I think many have been expecting something else based on my visit to his lab 3.5 years ago. I feel we should hold researchers accountable, no matter who they are. I hope davies pulls a rabbit out of his hat for the sci community.

Kate,

i wanted to thank you for posting, i know it's exhausting and can drain you mentally. You bring the meeting into the homes of those that can't make the trip. Thank you very much.
    word !!!
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I was just having a chat with Wise down in the lobby . . . he's so excited at the level of knowledge and the insistence on truth from our community.

The whole point of CC has always been to bring real information to the people who need it most, whether we're talking about complex cell regeneration techniques or how to avoid pressure sores or how to manage a paid caregiver. Trying to build a true community out of many thousands of isolated people was a herculean task . . . and here we are.

It's on us to use the cure information collectively, which is what u2fp is about.

Thanks, Wise.

Kate,
    I was boarding a plane Wednesday here in Richmond VA to Phoenix when I received a call that my son was being taken to the ER. I grabbed my bag and headed to the ER. Robbie is doing much better and I am heart broken that I missed this opportunity. I have been looking forward to this!
    Thank you for your posts, you sharing this wonderful information is keeping me from exploding! I so wish I was there!!!

I didn't stay the whole day, but it was awsome. The scientists were
    all very approachable and had great personalities. I don't know why,
    but I assumed these guys were going to be a bunch of stuffed shirts.

Dr. McDonald spent about a half hour during the break speaking with
    me about my injury. I learned a lot from him and really appreciate the
    time he offered.

Pat Rummerfield was great too. We spent some time talking about
    everything.

I finally met Wise. Everyone that I spoke with said that he gave the
    best lecture on Thursday, but I missed that one. He spent a lot of
    time answering questions and speaking with people today. It was
    great to meet him and thank him in person for his hard work.

It was a real privilege to be in the company of so many great people.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Kate,
    I was boarding a plane Wednesday here in Richmond VA to Phoenix when I received a call that my son was being taken to the ER. I grabbed my bag and headed to the ER. Robbie is doing much better and I am heart broken that I missed this opportunity. I have been looking forward to this!
    Thank you for your posts, you sharing this wonderful information is keeping me from exploding! I so wish I was there!!!
    I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you -- but obviously you only had one choice. I'm glad Robbie's okay.

We'll be east next year!

I started doing this because during the very first u2fp event in 2005, we were way too poor to think of traveling. I spent the whole weekend stomping around my house obsessively checking for news on cc. When I got the chance to do live updates, I was all over it. I HATE not knowing what's going on.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the live updates. They are appreciated.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    Thanks for the live updates. They are appreciated.
    Hi Kate,

I'm sorry to have to miss W2W this year. Thanks for the detailed live updates. They are very appreciated.

Daniel
    Daniel

Thanks Kate for the postings.

I met a few more people from the forms today. Slept in so I didn't get down there until right before lunch was served. I was by myself today so I didn't get any pictures. here is a picture of Wise and I:

C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Thankyou so much for the updates Kate and to the U2FP guys for the work put into organising it. It sounds like it went very well.

Would love to try and make the next one so we can have a UK rep there!!