Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Live from Working 2 Walk 2010!

Kate-
    Thank you, thank you for your tireless and thoughtful "you are there..." blogging. My son and I were not able to make it this year, and like you in 2005, I have been compulsively plugged into your posts since Thursday.
    Please know how much your efforts mean to all of us who couldn't be there.
    Next year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    WFE, I wish you were there, too. You would be glad to know, however, that your countrymen and one countrywoman were well represented. We talked about having a meeting soon in Norway. I will let you know before I come.

Wise.
    Yeah, please let me know so I have a possibility to come. The last time I didn't know and you were so close to my place
    TH 12, 43 years post

I want to thank the nice gentleman at W2W who gave my daughter a bunch of raffle tickets. With his tickets she won a flip video camera and just loves it! I don't remember his name, maybe John. Thank You!!

BTW - Jess had a great time visiting with everyone and felt very welcome even though she was probably the youngest in the group.

Carolyn
    Hi Carolyn;

Sorry I did not introduce myself. Yes, I gave her my tickets. W2W family members were not allowed to win. I saw that Jessica won. It made my day!

We also did yoga together. She is very agile. Enjoy the video camera.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Thank you for your efforts to keep us updated Kate! I appreciate your work, it is very wonderful of you to keep all of us not there included in the conference.......

I thought is was Suzanne Poone who bought all the extra tickets. I told Jess that I was hoping she would use that Flip to make her first advocacy video and post it on YouTube. Great to meet you both!
    Jen, it was really nice to meet you! Jess also got some tickets from Suzanne, but I'm pretty sure she won with one of John's tickets. She did mentioned that we could use it to video tape her walking in her leg braces and put it on YouTube. She already has a few of those so maybe I can get her to say something on the video.

Sorry I did not introduce myself. Yes, I gave her my tickets. W2W family members were not allowed to win. I saw that Jessica won. It made my day!

We also did yoga together. She is very agile. Enjoy the video camera.

John
    John, I'm so glad you got this thank you. I think you did introduce yourself, but you came and went so quickly.

You guys really made her going worth it. I was so worried she would be bored. I don't know what she got out of the conference, but believe meeting all of you will have a positive impact.

Carolyn

Yeah Carolyn, during yoga I kept calling Jessica a big faker. She can move so well it was incredible. She did really well during the yoga and watching her pop herself into the chair was pretty wild. It was great to see someone with so much movement below their level of injury. Have her e-mail me your address and phone numbers so we can keep in touch. I'm so glad I got to meet you. We'll definitely have to get together again.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

And so another rally comes and goes and once again I've had to miss it ...... thanks so much for being our eyes and ears Kate !

Did any Canajun's make it down there???? Kiran? ..... it would have been wonderful to see you all.

And what about time to play .... surely ya'll must have needed to quench your thirst at some point .... it gets pretty hot down there I hear !! Hugs to all and once again T H A N K Y O U and congrats to all the organizers !!
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Yeah Carolyn, during yoga I kept calling Jessica a big faker. She can move so well it was incredible. She did really well during the yoga and watching her pop herself into the chair was pretty wild. It was great to see someone with so much movement below their level of injury. Have her e-mail me your address and phone numbers so we can keep in touch. I'm so glad I got to meet you. We'll definitely have to get together again.
    Yes, she is getting around fairly well. It was really nice meeting you and your mom. We'll have to plan on getting a group together.

And what about time to play .... surely ya'll must have needed to quench your thirst at some point .... it gets pretty hot down there I hear !! Hugs to all and once again T H A N K Y O U and congrats to all the organizers

Posted by Obi
    Oh yeah, lots of play time. In addition to the conference proper, there was an evening trip to a Phoenix Suns basketball game. And, on Saturday, a picnic where hand cycles were provided. 40+ attended the B-ball game and 25 or more went to the picnic. Both were hosted by W2W with transportation and support provided by the Arizona SCI Association.

I'll post more pics soon. Thursday and Friday night our group closed the bar, or, so I heard. In addition, I should mention that Drs Young, Davies, Wirth,and MacDonald made themselves available ALL DAY Thursday and Friday. Everyone had ample opportunity to visit with each other.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Thumbs up

Thank you to all who participated and who kept us informed during this monumental event!