Thread: tube-clamp hunt (3/4" OD to 1/2"OD) for D's Locks

tube-clamp hunt (3/4" OD to 1/2"OD) for D's Locks

Today I went to the DME Supplier to have my new D's Locks put on. The D's came with only one lever clamp, which mounts to the 1.25" frame tube. I want the lever mounted on the backrest's cross brace, which is 0.75" OD. The DMES said he talked to D's on the phone while I was waiting there, and D's said they didn't have such a clamp. . . I find that hard to believe based on their website pics and claims.

Does anybody know where to get such a clamp?

(PS: the DMES also received the hub-mounting brackets for 32-spoke wheels; mine are 30-spoke (the tech tried to make them fit and then tried to deliver the chair to me as finished - obviously I declined). And the DMES had even waited until my chair arrived at their shop before ordering the D's. D's will be shipping the correct mounting brackets.)

Needless to say, I don't have working D's yet. I'm currently using aluminum scissor locks.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

chas - did you ever find such a clamp? I'm looking for something this size for a different application.

I know you've done a lot of research in the six+half years since...

Yes. It turns out D's did have one, which they provided a few weeks after the above post. The same set of D's Locks have been working great ever since on several chairs.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

imagine that - the DME provided you with false information.

Thanks chas! Great info as always.

I'm attempting to attach a sit-ski type bucket to wheelchair (with some dump adjustability) I doubt a pair of the thin D's locks clamps will be strong enough. After I msg'd you I was able to find some overseas but I'm not willing to wait that long. I have drawn some up to build (work in a machine shop nowadays), unless you can turn me on to something at McMaster-Carr or the like.

Sorry, after D's provided what I needed, I quit looking . . .

Would love to pics of your project!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>