Thread: Video Request

Banned

Lightbulb Video Request

Hello,
    I am an occupational therapy student completing a final Fieldwork in an inpatient Spinal Cord injury unit. I am working on compiling a resource of digital video clips for clients with SCI and therapists that includes folks with spinal cord injuries of various levels performing any kind of daily tasks.

Maybe there is some challenging task you have really mastered and would like to share others? I would be grateful if anyone in the forum would be willing to donate a video to this project. I would need to receive it digitally. Sites like www.dropbox.com have free space for exchanging such files. I can help you troubleshoot that process.

Also, you would be releasing these videos for unrestricted use by signing off on a form. These videos would be seen by medical staff, students, patients, and their families. Potentially, if this project has a lot of responses, I will get something together to put out on the forum as well.

This is a great way to give back and maybe help a new injury in their adjustment process!

Some ideas for clips
    Dressing
    Shaving
    Grooming
    Bed mobility
    Sports/Games
    Accessing technologies
    Any cool home modifications
    Accessing stuff in the community

Please email me downloadable links to your clips (seperate clips for each "activity" please) to afparsons@vcu.edu . Or, if you have any questions please let me know. If you send anything, please be sure to briefly comment your level of injury and age. I will reply with a copy of the release form.

The sooner you can send something, the more likely it will be included in the first rendition of this project. My time frame is until Dec. 1st.

Thanks!

-Adam Parsons

Can't go past this one for the sports/games aspect:

http://vimeo.com/m/#/10309216
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I have clips like that for sale on my site pmsl

not so sure????

Maybe it's just me but I don't fancy your chances too much. Too close to being a bit weird!!

What do the rest of you think?

Banned
    Certainly this isn't for everyone, and I understand this may be too weird of a request for some folks.

Do you think it could have been helpful during your recovery for you to have a video of how to perform certain tasks based on your level of injury?

Thanks for the link to the sport clip. I'll check it out when I'm at a computer that dosen't block the link.

Also, I would need clips donated for this project. No need to show your face or anything personally identifying if you are concerned about privacy.

Thanks again for your help and input everyone!

As an occupational therapy student, don't you have access to paras and quads who perform these tasks that you could video yourself?

GJ

Banned
    Yes, and I'm working with some great people who have made excellent progress. Just looking to add more to the selection.
    Youtube seems to have some great resources too. Also, to clarify this material is for patient's educational purposes. A video like this is ideal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_EGC...eature=related

-Adam
    Last edited by afparsons; 11-09-2010 at 11:35 PM.