Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live in caregiver contract - my generic template

Live in caregiver contract - my generic template

If you would like a copy of the caregiver contract that I use when we have a live-in caregiver, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. Its quite specific for our situation but is easily tailored and is at least a place to start. I'm very paranoid after years and years of every possible PCA disaster, so I've got a pretty tightly worded contract.

Ami

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    If you would like a copy of the caregiver contract that I use when we have a live-in caregiver, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. Its quite specific for our situation but is easily tailored and is at least a place to start. I'm very paranoid after years and years of every possible PCA disaster, so I've got a pretty tightly worded contract.

Ami
    If you wouldn't mind and could redact any personal information, I think a lot of us would benefit from reviewing your contract and posting it here for us rather than you having to email it to a number of us individually.

I know there is another thread on this website that deals with the issue of interviewing and hiring caregivers, but it is a topic of broad appeal.

Thanks,
    GJ

It's really long, four single space pages, which is why I didn't put it up here initially. But I can try to edit it to post the most salient pieces. In the meantime, if you want the whole enchilada, lemme know!

For those who have asked for it in the last 3 days, I will email it sometime early this coming week to all those who asked for it.

Ami
    I have PM'd you for the whole enchilada. I would appreciate your sending as soon as possible. Will be interviewing for a caregiver for my Dad and having something to go by would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Ask and ye shall receive.

By way of update, I decided not to post a redacted version here for a variety of reasons, but if anyone would like a copy of it personally, please PM me (remember to include your email address!!) and I'll send it to you. Cheers, Ami

I know you said the contract is 4 pages long, but is it possible to save document as a PDF and just post the PDF here? Just askin'

All the best,
    GJ

Live In Caregiver

Hi! I am a registered nurse and have just moved my family in with my elderly father as he has become disabled and can no longer manage for himself. Both my husband and I are in the medical field, so it just seemed like the best thing to do. My father has asked if there is a way his insurance would pay us for his care as they would if we hired an outside source. I have been looking this up and have seen where some are doing just that. I would be interested in seeing your contract if you wouldn't mind emailing it to me. Thanks so much, and if anyone has anything experiences or advise they would like to add I am all ears! Well...eyes in this case!
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-17-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Remove personal e-mail.

Removed your personal e-mail address. It is unwise to post this on a public forum. You have the e-mail and PM functions turned on, so people can communicate with you this way.

Whether or not family can be paid as caregivers depends upon who the payor is. Most private insurances will not allow this unless you are licensed as or employed by a licensed home health agency, Medicare usually does not pay for this type of care at all, and with Medicaid it depends upon the state.

(KLD)

Depending on your state you maybe able to do a "relative foster home" The state pays most of it but he will need to contribute most of any SSI/D check or if he has another income.
    c3/c4, injured 2007