Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain has gotten worse....I didnt think it was possible :( :(...

Bonnette, I have tried heat and cold packs etc but I can't have anything on my shoulders. Just the pressure of something there makes the pain ten times worse. Even having to wear shirts is almost unbearable. I don't know what I'm going to do when it gets so cold that the coat and clothes have to be heavier . Thanks for the advice though!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Well.... sadly since I did PT most of the summer trying to avoid surgery if possible I now dont even have enough benefits left for an eval . I am doing as much stretching and ROM as I can on my own but the cold weather is not helping any of it. My benefits start over again January 1st....

Becky
    Sorry to hear that Becky, but if you know some decent PT to do on your own at home, just go with that for now. If you need more ideas just try looking online for shoulder rehab and PT, a search should turn up more exercises.

After my surgery I also found that a TENS unit came in very handy for coping with pain. If it doesn't set off your neuro pain I highly recommend one. They are available from a number of sources for a reasonable price. Mine came from lgmedsupply.com, but there are plenty of others.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I can't have anything on my shoulders. Just the pressure of something there makes the pain ten times worse. Even having to wear shirts is almost unbearable.
    Becky, my left wrist and forearm were exactly like that after ganglion cyst surgery and it took six months for the hypersensitivity to pass. Even air made me cringe. It takes eons for the nerves to either heal or simmer down. I ended up having RSD, but even so those extreme hypersensitivity issues went away. You'll probably have to give your shoulder a LOT of time to recover, and it is tough to wait it out and tough to put up with the pain and "nerviness" you're feeling.

At some point, you'll probably be able to ice your shoulders. Those words sound pretty meaningless at this moment, how well I know.

(Edited to add: I should have said it took at least six months for the hypersensitivity to pass. Yours may ease off much sooner and I hope it does, but I just want to let you know that in spite of how bad it feels now, it really will get better.)
    Last edited by Bonnette; 11-08-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Addition

Becky, took my 9 months for ROM and 3-5 more for the pain to subside. Shoulder surgery sucks. Sorry, was hoping at least one of the regulars here was doing better.

warmly

bill
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM