Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Led lcd tv?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Led lcd tv?

I've been checking out new tv's and I saw this Samsung LED LCD TV at Best Buy. It really does have a beautiful picture. Anybody have an LED TV and is it worth the money or is it hype?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9783579

I bought a couple TV's here in Florida a year ago and got cheap, spent 500 bucks a piece for Dynex 42 incher LCD'S. While the picture is good, the new LED's have a much better picture, things have really changed in the last year in that the LED's are starting to take over the market and the prices have dropped drastically on them like with anything that comes out new in technology. I think a year ago a Sammy 42 inch LED was going for around 1500 to 2000 bucks. In addition to the far better picture they use about 1/2 the power a LCD does, off axis viewing is much better and they weigh less and are much thinner. You might really want to think about a slightly larger TV as I put a 47 inch in another room and the extra 7 inches really does make a difference. Also you might want to look at the 47 inch Vizeo that Walmart sells with the Wireless 802 internet so you can connect into your home wireless modem and get netflix movies and other services, again this is a whole new deal and is really having a negitive effect on the cable providers and directv as it is so good some people are dumping cable and sattilite services. The 47 inch Vizeo at Walmart is on sale now for around 1200 bucks or if you just want a basic led you could save around 300 bucks by getting one at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/search/search...onstraint=3944, I was just reading a article today that these TV's are suppose to come down even more in price especially after the holidays because there is glut of them on the market, so you may want to wait. The reason I've been researching it so much is cause I'm thinking about getting rid of my LCDS for LEDS but not sure If want to loose the $500.00 on them selling for $250 a piece and then lay down another $1400.00 for a couple of Vizeos, although looking at it from another perspective I'd only really be out an additional $900.00 and it might be worth it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Would love to know if the 240hz really gives $600 worth of better picture.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9783551

no worries.. this is the 3D version
    Last edited by NW-Will; 11-06-2010 at 10:13 PM.

my in-laws just bought a 46" LCD (LG) from Costco for $750. 1080p, 120hz, etc. The LEDs were all $500+ more. The picture of the LEDs is better on the shelf but after some tweaking of the settings the difference isn't THAT much different. LED is better technology but whether it's worth a big premium over LCD is up to you.

3D is a hype right now. Anything that requires wearing special glasses is annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    3D is a hype right now. Anything that requires wearing special glasses is annoying to me.
    Yeah, I'll never buy a 3D that requires glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Yeah, I'll never buy a 3D that requires glasses.
    I once said that I'd never wear bellbottoms

I was in Las Vegas in May at the NAB show. It's a gathering of all the techno-geeks from every TV station in North America. They were all skeptical about 3-D TV as well but that's all the show this year was about. 3-D TV. And it won't go away. Every manufacturer used some form of glasses.

3-D TV is the same technology they used for digital and analog mapping so I can't see how they are going to get away from wearing the glasses anytime soon. Although somebody is probably inventing it right now.

It has been invented and will likely get here in the next year or two.

http://247wallst.com/2010/10/05/a-ne...ithout-buyers/

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    somebody is probably inventing it right now.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    It has been invented and will likely get here in the next year or two.

http://247wallst.com/2010/10/05/a-ne...ithout-buyers/
    30 inches! Oh my aching eyeballs! Interesting article.

As I said, all the techies I talked to in Vegas couldn't see it catching on.

I got a lcd sylvania a month or two back, 32" lcd for about 380.
    if i did it again, think i'd get the faster refresh since fast action parts are sometimes a little blurry. but better than what i had.
    also picked up a vizio 22" for 200 about the same time from kmart, lcd also
    both are the 760p, figured no use in a 1080p till everyone starts broadcasting in 1080p, heard cable does 480p, blueray is 1080p but I don't have one of those, alot of dvd will upconvert to 1080 by just doubling the lines.
    also figured the 760p would be great til the 1080p drops more in price and I learn more about them before spending the bucks
    also i agree with scott, 3d is hype, expensive and a hassle
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I think I'm probably going to stick it out with my 42 inch dynex tv's, the picture really is pretty good although even though they are 1080 p's I am a little disappointed in the blue ray high def picture, I'm sure the LED's would outshine these tv's in that area. I wish I had saved the 150 bucks and not bought the blue ray player, plus blue ray discs are not cheap either, I'll stick do DVD's until I do eventually get a LED TV.

A screaming bargain is the 46 inch Dynex LCD TV that Best Buy sells for $599.00 Can't go wrong with that deal. It is 1080P also.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred