Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promise of stem cells fulfilled

Quote Originally Posted by smirking1 View Post
    At least with an idiot like george bush in charge and his epic a@hole move of veto people were talking about stem cell research and my local state government tried to compensate by granting $ to research. whether any of that $ ever hit the hands of deserving people like Dr.Young or not is yet to be determined.
    Do your homework and quit smirking.

• Dr Young doesn't work with esc's.
    • Talking about stem cell research as a fun controversy that drives cable news ratings is worse than worthless to people actually doing research.
    • We just spent two days listening to actual scientists with an actual agenda for curing sci talk about their plans, some of which involved stem cells. They would all tell you that the Bush ban on federal funding put the big stomp on research.

What's the real agenda? We need to make common cause around here and stop wasting time ripping each other for our politics. I think Bush was an idiot, so what? Other people think Obama is a joke, whatever. The cure is bigger than that b.s., and real people are trying to make it happen.

i agree. politics gets nothing done. WE are no better today than WE were 3 years ago. if anybody even wrinkles their nose at obama they are automatically put in the right wing lunatic column. Anybody that talks against a republican is in the left wing lunatic column. where are we? of course those guys bash bush....if you were a grocery bagger and there was a president saying i will never give money to a grocery bagger, you are going to rag on him. my point is give me an actual monetary value to attach to anyone that has given in to stem cell research for spinal cord injuries.....crickets chirping...... stem cell research is above and beyond politics....clinton,bush,obama it will go on and eventually someone will figure it out and i do not care who is president then, i just care that it gets done if not for my sake then for my children's sake. until i win the powerball and hand dr.young a 100 million dollar check he will always be out there fund raising who the president is matters nothing......prove me wrong and i will gladly fall out of my chair and the best i can on one knee apologize to you. yeah i am an idiot, and boy i don't get it......look at whathasobamadoneforyou.com and think stem cell research is thriving. when dr. young spends 24/7 in his lab i will be happy. F politics. Got no agenda here just a wheelchair and an inkling of hope just like last year and the year before that, and the year before that, and......

smirking, the politics of stem cell therapy is only adversion from doing real work. Sen Harkin has said that the lame duck congress will take up stem cell therapy and hopefully rewrite the laws and bills that have to do with research, The Republicans will choose to divert from doing work for the country by protesting the research. Remember that that vast popullice of the USA is in favor of this research. The ineptness of politicians will raise it's ugly head again. Research and progress will continue no matter what. I think we all are hoping of breakthroughs in therapy for chronics soon. Maybe not a total cure but improvements in all our lives. Good luck
    keeping on
    Last edited by keeping on; 11-13-2010 at 06:30 PM.

i will shoulder the burden of being the devil's advocate.....but at least 2 years ago people were talking about stem cell research.....today there is no buzz to it because the popular president has airquotes taken care of the problem and put everyone at ease....in 2020 let all the articles blame george bush for holding up stem cell research for 8-10 years. who ever is president then.....i will be willing to take the blame for picking on them also....nothing personal folks, i just want to have one last run.