Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    With your experiences would you still order the ZRA 2? I have the opportunity of getting a new ZRA. Is the back issue so bad that you'd have stayed with the ZRA?
    I'm meeting with my DME guy tomorrow to help me with order form.
    My previous ZRA was ordered wrong so now is a fresh chance.

Lorrie, if you can get your DME to delay the order, maybe that would be an option, i.e. go ahead and meet up with your DME and process the order with the CAD drawing and all, but try if you can to slow the process down and hopefully, the backrest issue will be sorted or TiLite will fabricate your chair with the new parts that everyone is receiving.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

New back on its way

I just ordered a new ZRA S2 and after calling TiLite customer service I was told that new chairs would be shipping out with them. I'll post a write-up with pics when it finally arrives. It will have a bunch of goodies I discovered here on CC, including ADI brakes and Pushblax.

what "fix" version will this be?

hate to be that guy, but I'll believe it when I see it. Ti really shit the bed on this one.. do yourself a favor and order a fixed backrest.

I rejected my ZR and sent it back to the factory - told 'em don't bother sending it back to me without the new hardware.

Who gets the CAD drawing? Is it standard or do I have to request one?

I hope Aditya is right ¿ Did you happen to get their word in writing?

I can't delay the order because this has been a war with the DME over their order mistake. Has been going on for nearly a year, longer since initial chair was approved by my insurance. Of course the DME guy completely blamed me, insisting I accept the chair. I had to prove to my insurance that what was ordered was not what I signed for on order form.

Today I have a middle man, neutral DME guy coming to re-measure and re-order. When I mentioned the back issue with the new ZRA 2, he suggested sticking with the old ZRA but I don't want a chair that will likely be obsolete soon, and the ZRA 2 is an improved version with seemingly the 1 exception of the back. Seems very irresponsible of Ti to not have already rectified this sloppy mistake.

Thanks everyone who posts here, it's so helpful.
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Why hasn't the Tilite Rep weighed in on this? I'm getting my chair this week and don't know what to do, especially after starting this whole process nearly 3 months ago! Should I just try it out and see how it goes? Is it repetitive folding of the back rest that does it in? Arrrrugh!!!!!!

u request cad, tell dme idiot no build until u sign the cad

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Who gets the CAD drawing? Is it standard or do I have to request one?

I hope Aditya is right ¿ Did you happen to get their word in writing?

I can't delay the order because this has been a war with the DME over their order mistake. Has been going on for nearly a year, longer since initial chair was approved by my insurance. Of course the DME guy completely blamed me, insisting I accept the chair. I had to prove to my insurance that what was ordered was not what I signed for on order form.

Today I have a middle man, neutral DME guy coming to re-measure and re-order. When I mentioned the back issue with the new ZRA 2, he suggested sticking with the old ZRA but I don't want a chair that will likely be obsolete soon, and the ZRA 2 is an improved version with seemingly the 1 exception of the back. Seems very irresponsible of Ti to not have already rectified this sloppy mistake.

Thanks everyone who posts here, it's so helpful.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by jackson233 View Post
    Is it repetitive folding of the back rest that does it in? Arrrrugh!!!!!!
    no, nothing to do w/ that.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

As for Lorrie's question, yes I still would get another ZR if I was to order the chair again. Knowing about the current back rest issues I would have gotten a fixed back rest, however even if that wasn't an option i would order the chair again as Ti's are just that much better in my opinion then the other brands that I have had.

The back issue is not something that everyone has had. My DME bought a ZR2 also and hasn't had any issues, he's delivered several more ZR2's after mine and so far I'm the only one that has complained about it or had any issue with it....So it's not like every single person that has gotten this chair is having the same issue with them.

However with that said, I am in the processing of ordering a Q7, even though I've sworn em off years ago, but I've heard only good things about them(other then the caster setting) from people that are rolling in them. It's as much to compare the two as it anything.
    Most everything I say is

New Back Hardware Looks Much Better

I just received a package which has the new hinge hardware. Completely different design which should work much, MUCH, better and be easier to adjust.

Pics to follow...
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 02-01-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added a second "much" in all caps for emphasis.