Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

I've been using my ZR2 on a daily basis for 2.5 weeks now, and the backrest is now shaky. My local shop tells me they will be sending replacement parts, but dun seem like the replacement parts is the most update one. Worst case, I am an international customer s well. I hope we can keep this post active on a daily basis so that TiLite will keep track of the issues we are facing.

Secondly, I understand from this forum that the Carbon Fibre Back Release Bar is fragile and can break easily. Is this happening to many of u as well?

Lastly, with this shaky backrest, am I safe using the ZR2 on a daily basis? I use it for work Mon to Fri and I am out from 9am to almost midnight or later. Should I revert back to my Quickie GTX?

Is this back issue just for the ZR series or is Tr also part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
    No that was a T-Shirt, its a bandage for your head in case the back fails again

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    that's why it's so godamn large...
    when i just got the chair and the back wasn't locking at all, i went groceries shopping. came back to the building with a bag (hanging on the backrest..) and flipped backwards in the elevator..

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn.babe View Post
    I've been using my ZR2 on a daily basis for 2.5 weeks now, and the backrest is now shaky. My local shop tells me they will be sending replacement parts, but dun seem like the replacement parts is the most update one. Worst case, I am an international customer s well. I hope we can keep this post active on a daily basis so that TiLite will keep track of the issues we are facing.

Secondly, I understand from this forum that the Carbon Fibre Back Release Bar is fragile and can break easily. Is this happening to many of u as well?

Lastly, with this shaky backrest, am I safe using the ZR2 on a daily basis? I use it for work Mon to Fri and I am out from 9am to almost midnight or later. Should I revert back to my Quickie GTX?
    i wouldnt. it will get loser thus making your chair way tippy. i flipped over due to it. i havent flipped over in 6 yrs.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Is this back issue just for the ZR series or is Tr also part of it.
    dont tell me u have problem with TR's.i'm using a TR!!!aaaaaaaa!!!!!
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

lol. no not yet Nia. I was just askin'

There is a whole new mechanism due end of January make sure you chase for this. Tighten the bolts on everythingz , makes folding the back stiffer but should make it more rigid. If you are not 100% comfortable use the quickie outside till you get the new parts. Your safety is more important!

I got my 2nd set of replacement hardware at the first of the month, broke a bolt that came on it and broke a bolt on the 1st set of replacement hardware. The 2nd set came with every piece of hardware but the nuts for the bolts(makes no sense). So I replaced it all myself and reused the bolts, it's been a few weeks now and so far it's all still nice and tight with no play. Of course I did tighten down everything as much as I possibly could and I can't fold my backrest down at all, but as long as it stays put when it's up then i'm happy. I only got the folding backrest for my wife to fold down when I ride with her so it doesn't block her view in the back of her SUV.

Why they can't just give us the option to switch over to the Z10 type back is beyond me. It looks like they just use the same little contraption to hold it in place that holds the footrest in place. I'd happily take that fix and go away...

I wish they'd sent me a t shirt with my replacement kit! I am still waiting on the replacement bolts that hold the camber tube in place that I had mentioned before are pretty much stripped out after trying to get them to go through the painted over holes of the other COG holes. Was told twice they were on the way, but still haven't received em...
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Why they can't just give us the option to switch over to the Z10 type back is beyond me. It looks like they just use the same little contraption to hold it in place that holds the footrest in place. I'd happily take that fix and go away...
    I've never seen it, but I don't think the Z10 back hardware was angle adjustable.

What a mess! I hope they figure this out for you soon. You've been exceedingly patient.

I don't plan on adjusting the angle, I know where I want it, do people actually change the angle on their backrest that often if ever? The picture you posted above looks to be to be about the same if not the exact same set up that the Z10 uses. Why not just offer it as an option, I guess to make those 110 people feel that special.
    Most everything I say is